Ensure efficient workshop use of materials, equipment, and labor so service and repairs are carried out to the highest quality standards
• Monitor progress of jobs in the workshop and advise service reception of any delays or issues.
• Control wastage of consumable materials (including appropriate measures to prevent the theft of oil).
• Ensure jobs are fairly allocated to technicians and mechanics and that there are adequate staffing levels to achieve workshop objectives.
• Ensure maximum use of equipment and labor to achieve high productivity output.
• Develop strategies to improve productivity by the growth plan.
• Ensure that workshop operational efficiencies are communicated periodically to the workforce to sensitize and motivate them to achieve and even surpass budget.
• Review all open orders daily.
• Review all customer parts ordered daily and escalate to the service management unusual delays in parts arrival.
• Achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction and retain existing customers through the workshop
• Maintain a clean, well-decorated, and tidy workshop to achieve the highest standards of the workshop presentation.
• Ensure that all customer vehicles are parked properly in a way that is tidy and does not obstruct traffic.
• Receive and assist all customers courteously and promptly in line with the Dealership quality program.
• Handle dissatisfied customers calmly, resolve complaints with sensitivity, and involve others when necessary.
• Work closely with service department personnel to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
• Endeavor to enhance facilities, improve technical skills and achieve high standards of workmanship.
• Improve the future labor levels by consulting and co-operating with aftersales reception staff and the Service Manager/Operations Manager
• Assist the Service Manager to ensure optimum staff performance and efficiency is achieved at all times through
the correct recruitment, assessment, and training of all workshop personnel. * Establish the training and development needs of workshop personnel with the Service Manager/Operations Manager.
• Assist the Service Manager in the preparation and administration of Performance Development Reviews with all
workshop personnel. Communicate job expectations and provide regular feedback on the teams’ performance. * Maintain effective liaison with other departmental managers.
• Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with the retailer, manufacturer, and industry guidelines
• Circulate new and updated technical material, literature for new vehicles, and revised workshop techniques.
• Ensure customers are protected from any possible dangers or hazards in the workshop area and their property
is secure whilst on company premises. * Ensure the security of all MOT equipment and documentation and that parts retained for testing are securely
stored and locked away. * Monitor and check the safety of equipment and materials. All used parts should be removed from the workshop.
• Follow Dealership minimum operating standards and regularly check compliance. Ensure the workshop and
equipment comply with all Health & Safety, recycling, and environmental regulations. * Maintain direct contact with Dealerships, suppliers, and statutory representatives.
• Help Retailer to achieve industry-leading standards of process efficiency and cost control
• Carry out MOT tests and ensure vehicles are inspected periodically for quality of work.
• Maintain workshop productivity records and monitor the effective use of labor. Ensure order numbers are
obtained before work commences on the fleet, contract hire, and used car warranty repairs. * Authorize and document all consumable and internal parts requisitions.
• Ensure accurate and timely completion of technician’s daily time tickets.
• Ensure the correct warranty procedure is followed on new and used vehicles and all documentation relating to
warranty work and returnable components are up to date and accessible. * Undertake all other tasks and responsibilities as requested by the Service Manager & Aftersales Manager.
Customer Service Focus
• Approach every situation with a desire to understand and deliver
• Listen effectively and communicate clearly
• Use every contact with the customer to build a relationship
• Take responsibility for ensuring nothing is left to chance
Operational / Commercial Focus
• Ensure good housekeeping and security in the workshop
• Ensure maintenance of health and safety in the workshop
• Load workshop
• Ensure technical standards are met in the workshop
• Keep accurate and complete records
• Manage workshop productivity
• Contribute to effective working
• Deal with customers, suppliers, and representatives
• Use technology effectively
• Contribute to improved service processes
• Work with other areas of the business to improve Retailer profit and customer care
• Appreciate the impact of wider business issues on the Retailer and customer
• Represent the Dealership brand
Essential Recruitment Criteria
• Language: English
• Analytical thinking
• Coaching and developing
• Empathy and tolerance
• Ethical behavior
• Professional appearance
• City & Guilds Part 3
• NVQ Level 3 Motor Vehicle
• National Diploma (Engineering)
• Clean driving license
• Computer skills, including windows and spreadsheets
• Proven track record as Master Technician or Sales Adviser – aftersales
Job Location Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Company Industry Automotive Dealership & Distributor
Company Type Employer (Private Sector)
Job Role Management
Employment Status Full time
Career Level Management
Residence Location Saudi Arabia
Degree Bachelor’s degree
About This Company
Automotive Dealership & Distributor Saudi Arabia
SAMACO Automotive is the exclusive dealer of Audi, Volkswagen and Porsche cars in Saudi Arabia. We provide a full range of services incorporating sales of new and pre-owned cars and commercial vehicles, leasing and full after-sales support with a dedicated service and parts team, taking care of all your motoring needs. We go the extra mile, no compromises. At SAMACO Automotive, you will find a welcome leap in customer attention, a determination not to overlook every possibility of matching our services with the technological and engineering excellence of our splendid range of German cars. We are selective about the manufacturers we represent and have only brands that make a statement, trouble-free cars that last longer and cost less for maintenance. Our new and renovated showrooms and workshops in Jeddah, Riyadh and Al-Khobar reflect our commitment to continuous refinement. Highly skilled technicians man our state-of-the-art workshops. We have earmarked installation of telemetry facilities at our service centers for on-camera consultancy with our German principals. Our after-sales service is prompt and marked by easy availability of spares, precise diagnosis and the most acceptable cost. And our friendly, courteous and specialist staff undergo periodic training with manufacturer support to provide forthright service.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria