Supervises all aspects of the reconstitution, preservation and maintenance of USAF vehicle assets. Carries out all duties in accordance with USAF mandatory requirements. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and DynCorp ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
* Ensures reconstitution, preservation and inspection goals are attained.
* Ensures maintenance facilities and programs for deficiency elimination are adequate and establishes a layout for work centers; considering such factors as workflow, equipment, tools and supplies.
* Initiates and submits an annual budget, monitors and controls expenditures.
* Ensures Limited Technical Inspections are performed within prescribed guidelines.
* Ensures proper inspection and prep of USAF vehicle assets for air/land/sea movement is completed.
* Provides over all supervision of shop foremen, assigned auto mechanics, electricians maintenance controllers, and material controllers and FM&A
* Ensures safety practices and housekeeping standards are maintained to the highest standard.
* Ensures that all tools and equipment are serviceable, accounted for and secured.
* Ensures storage and disposition of all hazardous materials in accordance with DynCorp International Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Responsible for the quality of parts research and ensures that only required repair parts are requested to include the local availability of parts and services.
* Oversees Time Compliance Technical Order (TCTO) actions and service bulletins to ensure completion within prescribed guidelines.
* Ensures correct and expeditious completion of work orders.
* Utilizes the management reports from DPAS to effectively manage the WRM fleet.
* Ensures that complete inspections are performed on all completed vehicle repairs to ensure a quality product is delivered to the customer.
* Ensures all unused serviceable repair parts are returned to the supply facility and removed XF3 parts are turned back over to supply to clear the DIFM Account.
* Verifies all Vehicle Down for Parts (VDP) decisions and monitors all cannibalization requirements.
* Responsible for evaluating the quality of work performed by subcontractors.
* Ensures Western, Foreign National and local staff training and performance is adequate for the task.
* Provides the Quality Assurance Engineers with current status for sections upon request, prior to evaluations.
* Ensures the Vehicle Technical Order Library is current and up-to-date.
* Responsible for the monitoring of any changes in fleet status on the DVR and DPAS.
* Ensures all tasks are accomplished on time or provides updated status on exceptions.
* Accountable for accuracy of time cards and ensures over time is warranted prior to the Site Manager’s approval.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
* Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
* Familiarity with DPAS,TRT and LIMS-EV is required
* Familiarity with AFI24-302 and TO36-1-191 is required
* Will have good organizational and communication skills, particularly in dealings with subordinates.
* Must be capable of operating and and repairing light to heavy military and commercial type vehicles.
* Must possess a valid home country driver’s license and ability to obtain host nation driver’s license.
* May be required to operate material handling equipment.
Experience & Education
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Must have ten years military experience as a general purpose, or heavy equipment mechanic.
* Must have five years’ experience in a VFM (Vehicle Fleet Manager)/VMS (Vehicle Management Superintendent) capacity, military experience preferred.
* AAS or higher in Vehicle Maintenance field or comparable certifications and training is preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
* Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
* May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
* Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
* Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria