Roles & Responsibilities
A Trainee buyer will support the buyer or manager with all procurement-related tasks such as selecting the right product mix, managing purchase orders, monitoring inventory, preparing budgets, and providing administrative support. Trainee buyers also work closely with vendors and keep track of market trends.
- Assist the buyer with the selection of the right product mix.
- Analyzing Sales Data and market trends, and compile reports on product performance and statistics.
- Research new suppliers and making recommendations to the buyer.
- Negotiate with vendors and building positive, long-term relationships with brands, and ensure a certain level of collaboration by being able to initiate clear and constructive communication
- Anticipating new trends when ordering new products and writing reports on market research and product performance
- Prepare competitive retail and pricing strategies.
- Collaborate with Planning and buying coordinators, to prepare, place and track purchase orders and ensure products are purchased with the adequate lead right time, to specification and at a good price.
- Plan, monitor and maintain suitable inventory levels.
- offering administrative support
- Coordinating with marketing and VM team for better showcasing of products and for sample management.