Roles & Responsibilities
The specialist is expected to analyze, specify and validate data and provide insights to clients on ESG strategy and framework development, ESG benchmarking and Gap Analysis, ESG reporting and assurance, and other related services. They will also apply analytical and problem-solving skills to support business initiatives and ensure that project deliverables are met.
• Work with customers and/or internal stake holders to gather data and data analytical tools to analyze, report and provide recommendations for sustainability projects.
• Establish and maintain information network to collect and compile pertinent industry data from publications, clipping services, analyst reports, electronic databases, and various field sources.
• Track and keep abreast of global and regional regulatory developments regarding ESG and sustainability, particularly for the maritime sector.
• Deliver sustainability reporting, gap analysis and assurance projects, including strategy development, project management and stakeholder management.
• Maintain awareness of the overall ABS service portfolio and promote services/products.
• Work with organizational teams to develop capture strategies, proposals and pricing as appropriate.
• Work with technical staff and other internal teams as needed to meet customer needs.
• Provide strategic insights related to future business initiatives, market drivers, and competitor activities for inclusion in business planning.
• Attend industry events and conferences and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
• Develop and maintain key client relationships with a focus on maintaining current work and expanding new business opportunities and prospects for new clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required (KSAR)
• Knowledge of Sustainability reporting frameworks like GRI, SASB, TCFD, etc.
• Previous experience of working in a consulting firm or corporate sustainability department
• Highly analytical and strategic, and able to deal with complex flux of information.
• Ability to identify and provide regular updates and overviews on new leads and potential business opportunities.
• Proven track recorded in the development of high performing multidisciplinary teams.
• Track, interpret and analyze emerging legislation that will affect the industry and draw up transition plans.
• Excellent communication skills (oral & written), enabling effective communication at multiple levels.
• Strong commitment to ethical business practices, in full accordance with relevant corporate policies
• Experienced in using tools such as MS Power BI, Tableau or other visualization tools is a big plus.
• Display an entrepreneurial mind set and think practical, out of box solutions.
• Ability to work efficiently and deliver timely in a fast-paced environment.
• Working knowledge of the ABS Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental management system.
Minimum years of Experience
• Typically requires four or more years of experience in the assigned area of responsibility and market sector.
• Previous experience in business development or sales in a technical and diverse product environment will be an advantage.
• Required/Preferred Education Requirements
• Requires a bachelor s degree in business management or in a technical engineering field.
• MBA or engineering postgraduate degree is preferred.
Required/Preferred Professional Requirements
Reports to a Manager, Director, or Executive level position.
An individual contributor role but may supervise administrative support or small project teams as needed.