Roles & Responsibilities
• Utilize 7+ years of professional experience in software development to design, implement, and operationalize highly scalable and fault-tolerant AWS-based cloud architectures and environments.
• Drive end-to-end automation of deployment and management processes, leveraging Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Immutable Infrastructure principles.
• Architect and implement advanced CI/CD pipelines using cutting-edge tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, or similar, integrating with automated testing frameworks and code quality analysis tools.
• Develop robust code and configuration automation to streamline the entire application lifecycle, including provisioning, configuration management, orchestration, and ongoing management.
• Implement containerization strategies using Docker and orchestration platforms like Kubernetes or Swarm, ensuring scalability, resilience, and efficient resource utilization.
• Embed secure engineering practices early in the software development lifecycle and enforce Compliance as Code principles, ensuring the highest standards of security and regulatory compliance.
• Lead and mentor one or more DevOps teams composed of diverse dev, test, security, and cloud engineers, fostering collaboration and innovation to achieve project objectives.
• Provide comprehensive AWS architectural solutions and designs to project execution teams, aligning with business requirements, scalability, high availability, and cost optimization.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
• Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification.
• AWS DevOps Engineer Professional Certification (a MUST).
• Extensive hands-on experience automating deployments of complex, multi-tier application stacks using modern configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, or similar.
• Deep expertise in designing and implementing highly available, fault-tolerant CI/CD pipelines using industry-leading tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, Travis CI, Concourse, or similar.
• Proficiency in networking concepts, including load balancing (ELB/ALB/NLB), VPC, subnets, security groups, and routing.
• Strong understanding of cloud-native technologies and services, including serverless computing, managed databases, event-driven architectures, and microservices.
• Thorough understanding of containerization technologies like Docker, along with experience designing and managing Kubernetes clusters or other container orchestration platforms.
• In-depth knowledge of security best practices, including experience with network security, encryption, authentication, and authorization mechanisms.
• Expertise in Linux system administration, including performance tuning, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
• Familiarity with modern software development practices, agile methodologies, and open-source stacks, leveraging tools like Git, Bitbucket, or similar.
• Proficiency in implementing robust monitoring and observability solutions using tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack, or similar.
• Strong database administration and management skills, including SQL and NoSQL databases, performance optimization, and backup/recovery strategies.
• Hands-on experience with build automation tools like Maven or Gradle, along with dependency management and artifact repositories.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively interact with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and clients.
By incorporating the latest advancements in the DevOps field, this updated job description reflects the need for expertise in cloud-native technologies, containerization, security, and automation, which are crucial for successful DevOps practices in today’s rapidly evolving technology landscape.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria