Roles & Responsibilities
Whatever story you choose, you are the star
At Meli Hotels International , you have the power to create your future. For us, the most important thing is your talent: We share the passion that makes you put your heart into everything you do, day after day. We are by your side to help you go beyond your limits, to celebrate every victory with you. Because together, we are the stars of our own stories.
ME by Meli is a collection of hotels in which culture, lifestyle and The ME People community come together to create an inimitable personality. Each hotel is connected to the destination, becoming the social epicenter of the city and attracting the best of the local cultural scene. Music, art, design, fashion and gastronomy make up the ME scene to provide visitors with an experience beyond accommodation. If you radiate energy and have a personal style that captivates others, if you like to follow the latest trends and live for the moment; if you love music, culture and new technologies Then you connect with the ME by Meli brand.
• Ensure all guests receive a warm and courteous welcome at check-in and check-out, using the guests name at every opportunity.
• Checks in guests according to the legal and hotel requirements.
• Ensures guests are aware of correct room rate (when applicable) and room number to minimise complaints.
• Actions and records room, rate and guest type code changes.
• Ensures hotel credit policy, as it relates to Front Office, is strictly observed at check-in and check-out.
• Processes methods of payment accurately in accordance with departmental standards.
• Ensures all cash transactions (including foreign exchange) are carried out accurately according to Hotel standards and maintains integrity of personal float.
• Actions all guests request promptly and efficiently and passing to relevant departments.
• Checks accuracy and completeness of guest bill on check-out.
• Provides accurate information to guest enquiries related to hotel facilities.
• Opens and closes safety deposit boxes according to hotel standards.
• Liaises and co-operates with other operational departments, notably AURA, Housekeeping, Concierge and Accounts on all Front Office matters that affect them.
• Actions and records room moves and informs Reception Manager / Shift leader of action.
• Ensures a thorough knowledge of all systems and procedures used at Front Desk so that decisive information may be given to the guest.
• Ensures that telephones are answered promptly and efficiently to the department standard responding quickly to queries received from guests.
• Balances all monies, credit card transactions, foreign exchange and sales ledger bills upon completion of shift.
• Have knowledge of reservations to ensure maximisation of occupancy and rooms revenue.
• Filing dept. dockets behind guest registration card profiles. Removing registration card at time of departure and attaching all dockets and correspondence to relevant bill.
• Correct posting of VPO, laundry, minibar, pressing, telephone and fax charges.
• Advising Manager of any training needs as they arise.
• Familiarise self with senior staff and management names and positions.
• Informs Duty Manager/Shift Leader of any issues that arise concerning guest dissatisfaction immediate.
• Encourage feedback from all guests and promoting TripAdvisor comment.
• Night shifts require to cover the reception desk 24/7 on rotation bases
What benefits do we have for you?
• If you love to travel, Melia Hotels International is the place to work. We have excellent discounts through our global My MeliaRewards program for you, your family, and friends.
• At Melia the protagonist is you ! You choose how far you want to go, and for this, we have different development plans in order to offer you opportunities for growth and to fulfill your professional dream. In addition, you can have international experiences if you wish, because we are located in more than forty countries!
• Meli Hotels International has developed a learning model focused on you, centered around continuous and experiential learning that can accompany you in your professional development. Because if you evolve, Meli evolves with you.
• Corporate Social Responsibility is of vital importance to us, and for this reason, we give the opportunity to participate in different events and social activities of diversity and social inclusion, always highlighting our values and purpose.
What will it be like to work for Meli Hotels International?
Meli Hotels International is unique among the 20 largest international hotel groups in having an origin in leisure and the ideal size to combine exceptional hospitality with management that is efficient and close to its stakeholders. All of this, along with our Spanish warmth and passion, makes us distinct and different.
At Meli Hotels International you are the protagonist. The combination of your talent and your passion with our desire to grow by your side has no limits. Together, we will step forward with the strength of a great company. Together, we ll turn the future into an amazing story.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, religion, age, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global company.
If you want to know more about what it’s like to work with Meli , follow us on:
INSTAGRAM – TWITTER – LINKEDIN – FACEBOOK