Roles & Responsibilities
We are looking for a compassionate Internist to provide long-term, comprehensive care to our patients and manage both common and complex diseases. You should be able to effectively diagnose patients and suggest a successful course of treatment. As an Internist you must be able to prescribe and administer medications, immunizations, and other non-surgical treatments. You should also be able to develop long-lasting, rewarding relationships with your patients.
● Consulting with patients to understand their symptoms and health concerns.
● Diagnosing and treating acute illnesses, such as bacterial and viral infections, as well as chronic diseases and conditions, such as hypertension, heart disease, or diabetes.
● Prescribing or administering medication, therapy, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
● Explaining procedures and discussing test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
● Monitoring patients’ conditions and progress, and re-evaluating treatments, as necessary.
● Providing health and wellness advice to patients, including diet, physical activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
● Immunizing patients against preventable diseases.
● Maintaining detailed notes of appointments with patients, including comments, tests, and/or treatments prescribed, and test results.
● Referring patients to other medical specialists, when necessary.
● Providing support and advice to patients receiving long-term care.
● Preparing official health documents or records, when necessary.
● Conducting research into the testing and development of new medications, methods of treatment, or procedures to prevent or control illness, disease, or injury.
Desired Candidate Profile
Required Qualifications and Skills:
● Specialization degree and successful 5-years of residency
● Valid state licensure to practice
● Proven success with relevant procedures and treatments
● Compliance with all laws and hospital policies
● Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the specialty is preferred
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria