Roles & Responsibilities
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work .
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up The Greenhouse , which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women’s Empowerment Principles.
What you’ll be doing
• Keep updated with the evolution of local legislation and international related to all relevant entities and circulate needful information to all stakeholders
• Ensure local and international HSSE compliance, ISO s and best practices in their designated territory
• Formulate and communicate Group HSSE performance objectives and continuously monitor progress and alignment towards strategic objectives.
• Be a key stakeholder to ensure that protocols related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in the Group are followed and implemented in all their territory working places.
• Monitor the effective implementation of the group HSSE management system, discuss the areas of improvements with the top management in their territory and the Head of HSSE department
• Acts as a point of contact for in their territory for all HSSE matters in coordination with the Group HSSE framework
• Drive positive HSSE culture in their territory in compliance with the Group HSSE Management Systems
• Validate the design of all Safety and Security TECHNOLOGIES ie systems and equipment for offices, stores and warehouses including but not limited to CCTV, Intrusion, Access Control and EAS systems according to the highest standards as defined in the Group HSSE MS
• Provide recommendations and regular reports for a continuous improvement to minimize risk exposure affecting corporate interest where applicable.
• Identify opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accident, security, and health issues
• Ensure that all the hazardous activities are analyzed, and, develop related risk assessment
• Ensure the implementation of the Group HSSE Management Systems.
• Coordinate and ensure the compliance of the group HSSE training matrix is their territory
• Act as a point of contact between local authorities and the group for all health, safety and security legislations and ensure the group legal register is up to date
• Act as focal point for major relevant investigations (including local authorities) involving Safety and Security and prepare reports with findings, recommendations, and corrective actions.
• Regular meeting with the relevant head of functions to ensure HSSE compliance framework is well adopted and executed.
• Lead on the execution of the group crisis management and business continuity in their territory
• Support all business units by ensuring that all stakeholders are aware of the Crisis Management and Business Continuity Plan through regular communication, training, and awareness sessions
• Ensure incident / accident analysis, recommend corrective and preventive actions, share lesson learned accordingly and, Present monthly HSSE review
• Lead on all initiative and action plan required from HSSE representative across their territory being in (stores, warehouses and offices)
• Put in place and ensure continuous assessment to detect and investigate HSE & Security Incidents through the development and implementation of world-class best practices.
4. People Management
• Ensure effective coordination with the other team members including the HSSE representative in other functions and departments
• Manage the HSSE team in their territory according to the department goals and objectives
What you ll need to succeed
• Bachelor s Degree (Preferably focused on Safety & Security Management). Or equivalent HSSE Diploma
• Minimum experience of 5 years in a management role with strong leadership skills
• Working knowledge of Safety and Security Standards, IOSH, NEBOSH IGC, HSE, First Aid, Fire Fighting, etc.
• Familiarity in drafting and understanding blueprints and schematics. E ective communication and people management skills. Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.