Roles & Responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities
As Finance Manager, you will manage the accounting team across the region about all areas relating to statutory and tax financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with tax laws and statutory regulations.
The key roles and responsibilities are:
– Support the CFO for the deployment and integration of the accounting organization in all Middle East office (incl. implementation of group standards and accounting systems, sharing the best practices, providing training to finance and non-finance people, etc.)
– Advise the regional team on accounting, IFRS, tax, and systems matters.
– Responsible for ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the underlying books and records (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement), producing the trial balance and from this creating the various financial reports required for local management, Group and external agencies
– Coordinate with project controller for the invoicing, cash collection process (ageing balance, WIP management, cash forecast), preparation of budgets and forecasts
– Reviews and validates the tax declaration in coordination with tax advisor
– Ensure compliance with all tax and statutory regulations regarding accounting
– Identifies and reports tax risks
– Liaises with auditors during internal and external audits
– Liaises with the bank
– Liaise with Tractebel Shared Service Finance located in Brussels to ensure the reliability and correctness of the financial information uploaded into SAP Promise
– Be accountable for and set up procedures related to timely and qualitative statutory reporting processes and for reconciliation process between financial statements for local purpose and those report for consolidation under Engie Tractebel Group.
– Prepare payment instructions and adequate approval of the payments as per our group procedures
– Contribute to the compliance of all Tractebel entities in Middle East (branches, LLC with partners) with finance & accounting policies of the Engie Tractebel group.
– Assist the PRO and the management team with adhoc administrative tasks (business registration, insurance, visas…)
Location and Reporting Line
Based in Dubai, UAE.
Few travels across the region (Qatar, KSA, Oman, Abu Dhabi).
Reporting Line and Key Relationships
– reports to the regional CFO
– manages the Accounting team
– Collaboration with Finance community (HO accounting team, HO team for tax, insurance, external auditors etc…)
– IT (external and internal)
– direct line management responsibilities of the accounting team across the region
– interaction with Project Controller and Accounting team in Brussels
University degree or equivalent in accounting or finance.
Any additional training or degree is an asset (CPA, CFA, ACCA, MBA)
Strong and excellent communication skill in English. One of the following languages (Arabic/French/Hindi) is a plus
Experience and Skills
– Min. 7 years’ experience in Accounting and FP&A
– Good understanding on financial statement analysis
– Sufficient command of IFRS
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Very good knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint required
– Knowledge of any accounting system (SAP, Quickbook) is definitely a plus
– Able to manage numerous and shifting priorities and to operate in an ambiguous, stressful environment with tight deadlines and high standards.
Able to work with ERP, accounting systems, communication and collaboration tools (SAP, QuickBooks, SharePoint, Salesforce etc.)
Knowledge of Engineering consultancy activities (e.g. Power Generation, T&D, Energy Transition, Urban etc) and long term project accounting method.
Local employment contract
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria