Roles & Responsibilities
The iconic Queen Elizabeth II (QE2) is a historic gem and the only floating hotel in Dubai. The hotel features 447 distinctive rooms. A one-of-a-kind entertainment destination, rich in history where the past is relived in the luxury of today. Guest experience is a true British heritage and history with a visit to one of the world’s most celebrated ocean liners, now permanently docked in the new marina at Dubai’s Port Rashid in the UAE.
• Review Banquet Event Orders to ensure proper set-ups are in place according to Banquet Event Order, Diagram or as instructed by Manager.
• Responsible for the set-up and clean-up of functions spaces.
• Ensuring that all applicable safety regulations are communicated and adhered to.
• Supervise all logistic supports such as contracted outside work force, contracted food and beverage supplies, operating / sound equipment, transport.
• Assisting managers and organizers with planning the layout and logistics of events.
• Developing and providing staff with the necessary training, including customer service and serving etiquette.
• Enter billing information into POS system in order to generate a final guest check.
• Communicate with catering, culinary, front office, and guest services daily to ensure a seamless experience for guests.
• 1-2 years experience as a Banquet supervisor, banquet captain or similar role.
• Hospitality background is preferred.
• Familiarity with health and safety regulations
• Knowledge of POS systems.
• Proficiency in Opera and Microsoft .
• Fluency in English; additional languages are a plus