DESIGN AND TECHNICAL Business Unit Business Group Elegancia Group Department Reporting to (position) Direct Reports (counts):
Job purpose: Works under general supervision, reviewed at project milestones and on completion.
The Technical Engineer 1 assists in overseeing the Technical selection of suitable project materials, ensuring fill compliance with project and Local Authority specification requirements. Main tasks and responsibilities (the position exist to perform the below tasks and essential activities)
• Awareness of all local and international specification codes. • Establishes library of all requirements for ease of reference.
Prepares and maintain tracking schedules for all technical submittals.
• Prepares and maintains detailed technical tracking schedules as per procedure
• Knowledge of Material Engineering parameters
• Ensures for all submittals correct Engineering parameters are considered.
• In depth knowledge of specification requirements for material approval purposes.
• Ensures all submittals comply with Project and International specifications
• Identification of compliant materials both locally and internationally.
• Prepares matrix of all requirements, identify technical elements available and detail options available
• Identification of VE of cost saving opportunities.
• Reviews all technical and material requirements and identify any VE or cost saving opportunities.
• Detailed weekly status reports to be provided
• Ensures weekly report detailing exact progress of all technical requirements and areas of concern/delay.
• Preparation of shop drawings and as-built drawings.
• Ensures all shop drawings are prepared accurately followed by all as-built drawings
• Close out technical submittals to be made available.
• Ensures that during the course of the Project, all required technical submittals required for close out are prepared in advance. Education requirements Graduate/Diploma degree (Essential) Language requirements English — Fluent (Required) Knowledge an Minimum of 7 years of experience 3 Year Experience in GCC
• Knowledge of all Local & International Specification Codes
• Technical background and ability to prepare and maintain tracking schedules
• Knowledge of Material Engineering, Material Products and Market Availability
• Technical knowledge of Material Engineering parameters
• Excellent knowledge of material availability, both local and international Core
Desired Candidate Profile
• Strives for Innovation – Developing
• Agility – Developing
• Promotes Teamwork – Developing
• Shows Entrepreneurial Spirit – Developing
• Demonstrates Resilience – Developing
• Cultivates Loyalty & Integrity — Developing
— Developing ORIGINATING UNIT APPROVALS:
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of accountabilities and activities. Job incumbents may be required to perform additional job-related tasks and duties as assigned.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria