The system engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure, based on Microsoft Windows Server technologies and related products.
• Perform daily system monitoring, using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s, by verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is sent off site as necessary.
• Co-ordinate with vendors for maintaining servers and related equipment delivering any IT service at agreed service levels.
• Apply and manage deployment for OS patches and upgrades for servers and desktops on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning, and perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Responsible for future planning, testing, tuning, and setup of Microsoft Exchange architecture as well as supporting common email applications and devices (Outlook, BlackBerry, and other PDA based email).
• Manage the appropriate setup of applications hosted via Microsoft Exchange or reliant upon Microsoft Exchange. This includes, but is not limited to Blackberry services, Lync, etc.
• Provide 24/7 on-call support for the e-mail environment and participate in weekend maintenance activities, as required.
• Any other ad hoc administrative duty as requested by the Line Manager or Management staff.
Desired Candidate Profile
• Knowledge of installations, upgrades and troubleshooting of Windows server 2012/2016/2019, Web application Servers. Experience with IIS is highly desirable, knowledge and hands-on experience with Microsoft Hyper-V Technology, experience with design, architecture, support and recovery of Microsoft Exchange 2013/Online, frontend-backend enterprise environment, knowledge with Microsoft Unified Communication system – Lync experience is a must, knowledge and understanding of SMTP gateways, SMTP domains, anti-spam, anti-virus and compliance solutions.
• Solid experience of Active Directory, DNS, SMTP, Mobile Devices, and other messaging capabilities.
Qualifications & Education
BSc. / BE/ B.Tech in information systems or related fields.
Candidate must have good background in the below key areas:
• Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File Servers, Group Policy, ADFS, Print Server, WSUS, IIS, Clustering
• Managing Microsoft Online services (Azure with AD connect, MS Exchange Online, MS Teams, Office 365)
• SQL Server and SQL High Availability solutions (SQL Cluster / AlwaysOn)
• Cisco Email Security / Email Gateway / anti-spam solution
• Virtualization (Hyper-V / Nutanix)
• System monitoring / management tools (Solarwinds, Idera, SQL Audit, ManageEngine, Software Deployment tools, etc.)
• Endpoint Security (eg. Kaspersky AV, MFA, Firewall, Patching)
• Backup and disaster recovery solutions (Veeam, SQL backup and restore)
• Managing different type of Data Storages (EMC Unity SAN, NAS, DAS)
• PowerShell scripting and automation skills
• Knowledge in server hardware
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria