ATS Job ID- R112319, Job Location- QA-QA01-Doha
Minimum Clearance Required To Start
Senior Planning/Cost Engineer
You meet your goals by striving for quality, not demanding perfection
Rather than over-thinking and critiquing your every move, you have the confidence and skill to move ahead, especially when deadlines must be met. That’s a talent, especially in an organization that handles as much business as we do. Your priority is to maintain quality while responding rapidly and responsibly to your organization’s needs. We’re looking for practical, productive people like you who don’t need to reinvent the wheel when you need to keep it rolling!
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline with certification in planning and scheduling of projects and in using Primavera applications (Primavera Project Management /P6 and Primavera Contract Management/Expedition) and cost engineering.
- At least 15 years project management experience in planning, scheduling and cost engineering, including at least 7 years using Primavera Project Management (P6), Primavera Contract Management (Expedition); Preferably, have minimum 7 years’ experience in the Gulf region.
- Good oral and written English language, with good report writing, analytical and computer skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in project planning, budgeting, cost phasing and control from the project initiation to close out phases, utilizing computer based systems (Primavera Project Management ‘P6’ & Primavera Contract Management ‘Expedition’), within the framework of an integrated project services function for the effective management of a wide range of concurrent projects, to meet the business plan objectives.
- Completed at least one project in same role that is comparable in complexity and size to the project.
- Preferably, fully conversant with the standard forms of Contracts used in Ashghal projects.
- Using latest version of Primavera Project Management (P6) and Primavera Web Scheduling software for monitoring and reviewing the baselines and updated project schedules and cost.
- Using latest version of Primavera Contract Management (Expedition) as Contract Document Management software to track Correspondences, Drawings, Submittals, Material & Equipment Procurement, Daily Reports, Transmittals, Minutes of Meetings, Bill of Quantities, Proposals, Requests for Inspection, Requests for Clarification, Change Orders, Invoices, Payment Requisitions and Snag Lists and linking the Project information in Primavera Contract Management to the Primavera Enterprise Schedule.
- Ensuring the use of standardized forms and reports of Ashghal which are available in Primavera Contract Management (Expedition);
- Coordinating with the Engineer in the review and integration of the schedule into Ashghal’ s database and will guide the Contractor in preparation of the schedule to be compatible with the integration requirements;
- Reviewing contractor’s work program submissions including all narratives and supporting information, and provides analysis and findings;
- Verifying actual progress and comparing actual performances to original plans;
- Monitoring, adjusting and updating the cost plan and cash flows accordingly and the consolidating of these results in PMC monthly reports;
- Estimating time element of change orders and submits his analysis to the Engineer and incorporating within the master schedule after authorization;
- Evaluating Contractor’s Extension of Time requests and preparing recommendations to the Engineer.
- Must have ability to utilize computer technology to analyse data, maintain records analyse financial data and generate reports.
- Must have good command of English both written and spoken
- Computer skills are mandatory;
- Experience working in Gulf region is preferred.
We’re committed to delivering innovative infrastructure, defense and security solutions to enable a sustainable, safer, smarter and more connected world.