SNC Lavalin are looking to hire several Electrical Commissioning Engineers to an ongoing project with PDO. The sites we are conducting the work, are based all over the country and these positions are on a rotational basis. For Expats, the rotation is 28/28 and for Omani Nationals it will be 15/13. Though our first preference for any vacancy in Oman is to hire an Omani National, we are also open to qualified Expats to join the team too.
To be considered for the role, you must meet the required skills and experience outlined below and be able to coordinate the onsite commission and start-up of electrical systems whilst providing specialist knowledge and advice to both client and subcontractor.
* A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Oil & Gas facilities (or similar) in an Electrical related role pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up.
* Proven history of working with GTGs, OHL, UPS, switchgear and performing motor runs is highly desirable.
* Familiar with electrical standards for testing and energisation.
* Degree Educated in Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Diploma holder with 10+ years of experience in the role of Commissioning Engineer.
* Knowledge in process equipment on oil and gas sites is essential
* Be an expert in Lock Out Tag Out
* Experience in Procedure writing & reviewing commissioning procedures
* Ability to interpret engineering drawings and manuals e.g. P&IDs, PFDs, Isometrics,
* Can produce technically accurate, complete and ‘easy to understand’ documents Completions – Liaise with database engineer to verify and/or identify system / subsystem mark-ups and correction systemisation.
* Ability to Lead / supervise a multinational team, undertaking commissioning activities in small to large size projects.
* Interfaces with other key disciplines to ensure integration of activities.
* Implement & ensure the site contractor tests the subsystems as per project commissioning test sheets / procedures.
* Both greenfield and brownfield experience is essential.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria