Roles & Responsibilities
● Meeting with the IT manager to discuss system needs.
● Designing and installing computer hardware configurations.
● Installing software and networking systems.
● Troubleshooting network and software issues.
● Installing high-level software security systems.
● Training staff on newly installed hardware and software systems.
● Fixing hardware, software, and networking issues.
● Responding to general IT requests.
● Ensuring security software is kept up to date.
● Filing monthly reports for the IT Manager.
● Familiarity with general OS systems, Enterprise, programming languages, and Office software.
● Knowledge of LAN and wireless networks.
● Ability to project manage.
● Good communication skills.
● Ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware issues.
Knowledge of database and networking security systems
Desired Candidate Profile
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AREAS:
● Knowledge and understanding of the current and developing strategic information requirements of a major research university.
● Knowledge of current trends and developments in information technology.
● Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
● Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
● Strategic planning and advanced leadership skills.
● Ability to develop requests for and evaluate proposals in reference to leading-edge information services technology.
● Ability to provide strategic guidance and counsel to clients in the assessment and development of existing and/or proposed systems.
● Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria