Roles & Responsibilities
The Preservation Supervisor will work with the Material/Warehouse Manager/ and Subcontractors Material teams to insure the following:
· Familiarize himself with and become proficient with the Preservation Strategy and manage the database tool once acquainted.
· Aid the Material Manager in the introduction of preservation procedures/tools to the site team and the subcontractors.
· Ensure that the requirements for preservation are undertaken on a disciplined basis by both AP and Subcontractors personnel by ensuring that such activities become engrained within the regular activities of the site.
· Interface with SUBCONTRACTORS’s and support where needed to ensure tasks are carried out effectively.
· Support the closure of punch-list items by working closely with engineers to seek resolution for issues on site.
· Liaise with the site QA/QC team to support audits of the preservation activities/records.
· Ensure compliance of systems under the preservation scope (Piping, Pumps, Electrical Equipment’s,
Instruments, compressors, blowers, etc.) are maintained at all times.
· Ensure that preservation records are managed and maintained for the life of the project.
· Support the review of ordered construction and commissioning spares for selected equipment.
· Support the coordination of capital, operating, and commissioning spares for allocated equipment.
· Support the process of procuring and storing “additional” construction, pre-commissioning, and commissioning spares which may be required to support seamless construction and commissioning of the plant.
· Support the management of consumables (at site) which will be required for the erection of key equipment to mitigate delays such as:
Ø Shims (shim stock schedule needed)
Ø Fluids/lubes and liquids
· Work with the material manager to develop a robust plan to cover the requirements for special tooling, special materials, and machining facilities to facilitate the erection of equipment and ensure that such items are identified, stored, maintained, and accessible for use.