Job Description & Responsibilities
The Mechanical Construction Supervisor will be responsible for all day-to-day all mechanical equipments construction activities in his working area from planning till the completion of the job.
The Mechanical Construction Supervisor will work with the subcontractors and team to finish the job Safely, on Budget and with the required Quality.
The Mechanical Construction Supervisor require to following skills and qualifications:
- Excellent construction site management skills
- Familiarity with the equipment Rotating and Static Equipments construction, final adjustment and pre-commissioning
- Familiarity with oxygen cleaning processes
- Team Player
- Strong communicator written and oral
- Strong and effective coordinator
- Experience of working in a multicultural project team
- Familiar with the construction drawing.
- Excellent scheduling and contract management skills
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Knowledge of construction tools and equipment such as structural drawings, materials, surveys, budgets, permits, safety aspects, and so on
- The Mechanical Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Mechanical Equipments (Rotating and Static) installation and final Adjustment
- Provide the technical and supervisory support, guidance, mentoring the Sub-Contractor construction team
- Determine manpower, tools, equipment and material requirements for the craft
- Evaluate and collaborate with other groups for Mechanical Equipments installation, Electrical and instruments to complete the Equipments installation
- Develop daily craft assignments to be performed and review work accomplished
- Supervise and direct subordinate personnel and craft in construction activities within the Mechanical Equipments discipline
- Support, promote and champion positive safety culture and ensure all parties are reminded of expectations with regards to safety being number one priority.
- Monitor permit and safe plan of action compliance.
- Ensure safety requirements of the project are being met by all parties by supporting and encouraging safe work practices.
- Encourage and promote communication and teamwork
- Monitor the daily working plan and review the work accomplished by each craft.
- Review of Method Statements, drawings, schedules and other job safety documents.
- Monitors manpower, tools and equipments usage on the site
- Monitors the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
- Assess existing contractor interface performance during construction works and helping to develop and improve activity simultaneous operations
- Assist in review and appraisal of method statements and risk assessments for technical content and safety considerations.
- Assist managing contractor with monitoring of the execution of the works, to ensure project quality requirements and standards are met including monitoring of contractor Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s)
- Input into coordination of interface between Vendor Representatives and Contractor
- Be prepared to work shift patterns (day or night)
- Assist in system walkdowns with contractor and client
- Attend daily and weekly coordination meetings
- Assist managing contractor to monitor progress & productivity being reported by contractors
- Assist Construction Manager in developing detailed reporting of assessment of works and contractor performance.