Roles & Responsibilities
The Civil Construction Superintendent will be responsible for all day-to-day civil activities in his working area from planning till the completion of the job.
The Civil Construction Superintendent will work with the subcontractor and the team to finish the job Safely, on Budget and with the required Quality.
The Civil Construction Superintendent require to following skills and qualifications:
- Excellent construction site management skills
- Understanding of architectural plans, schemas, civil and structural plans
- Excellent scheduling and contract management skills
- In-depth knowledge on earthwork, piling, foundation, drainage, pavement, Structure and Architecture, etc
- In-depth knowledge about scheduling software (P6 Or Project), and Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge on commercial tendering for large construction projects
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Knowledge of construction tools and equipment such as structural drawings, civil materials, surveys, budgets, building codes, permits, safety aspects, and so on
The Civil Construction Superintendent will be responsible for:
- Provide the technical and supervisory support, guidance, mentoring and managing the Sub-Contractor construction team
- Support, promote and champion positive safety culture and ensure all parties are reminded of expectations with regards to safety being number one priority.
- Carry out weekly EHS inspection audits.
- Monitor permit and safe plan of action compliance.
- Continuously observe and monitor the interface of all construction activities for all disciplines, assist managing contractor in resolving any interface coordination issues
- Ensure safety requirements of the project are being met by all parties by supporting and encouraging safe work practices.
- Encourage and promote communication and teamwork
- Monitor the daily working plan and review the work accomplished by each craft.
- Ensures the most current design document is used to complete the work and that all design changes are approved prior to implementation.
- Review of Method Statements, drawings, schedules and other job safety documents.
- Prepares reports and forecasts, including summary of construction progress, craft personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecast.
- Monitors manpower, tools and equipments usage on the site
- Monitors the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
- Coordinates activities with other disciplines or areas
- Assist in developing strategies and initiatives to improve managing contractor and contractor performance
- Assess existing contractor interface performance during construction works and helping to develop and improve activity simultaneous operations (SIMOPS) coordination
- Assist in review and appraisal of method statements and risk assessments for technical content and safety considerations.
- Assist managing contractor with monitoring of the execution of the works, to ensure project quality requirements and standards are met including monitoring of contractor Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s)
- Input into coordination of interface between Vendor Representatives and Contractor
- Be prepared to work shift patterns (day or night)
- Assist in system walkdowns with contractor and client
- Attend daily and weekly coordination meetings
- Assist managing contractor to monitor progress & productivity being reported by contractors
- Assist Construction Manager in developing detailed reporting of assessment of works and contractor performance.