About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are a passionate person ready for bigger scope of responsibility. You are you curious to challenge existing ways of working and able to develop new knowledge, skills & behaviors. You create an environment where IKEA’s values are a strong and living reality that adopts the diversity of co-workers and visitors. You accelerate all business opportunity in multichannel environment and be an entrepreneurial speaking partner and owner of the total Sales Department.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
* Live and share the IKEA values every day
* University Graduate in Business Administration or Commerce
* • 3-5 years’ experience in the Home Furnishings business& management experience.
IKEA experience is highly preferred
* Strong enthusiasm and interest in home furnishings.
* Highly developed merchandising and sales steering knowledge.
* Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills, Effective Communication, Excel competence
About the role
You are responsible for looking after all the sales functions according to the IKEA operating concept, including all activities in assigned market. You will direct a sales team and provide leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values, both B2B and B2C.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
* To be responsible for the preparation of the annual departmental budget and for ensuring that operating expenses are within the guidelines and objectives of the department.
To be responsible for establishing annual and monthly sales and profit objectives
* Develop a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
* Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
* Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
* Responsible for driving sales and commerciality with commercial calendar, add on/activity sales, double exposure and other sales promoting actions.
* Manage all operating costs related to your departments.
* Achieve the sales budget and gross margin goals set by the store manager for Market Hall and Showroom.
* Make sure that sales forecasts are adapted to the sales in order to achieve an optimal goods flow.
* Control expenses to meet budget guidelines and determine price schedules and discount rates.
* Ensure our guests are always in focus and strive to make them smile. Meet and serve our guests showing empathy and care. Willing to listen and support them with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
* Lead by example and a good ambassador for the IKEA store in all contact with our guests, and give them a good reason to return again and again.
* Always look at our store through the eyes of our customers. Have a daily dialogue with our guests to get continuous feedback about their experiences and to learn more about their needs and wants, then act based on their input.
* Meet the needs of customers by being understanding and sensitive to diverse customers, by initiating and developing effective working relationships with the customer and by establishing trust and confidence with the customers.
* Determine the customers’ requirements and assist them in their orders
* Maintain contact and advising customers on news or recently received items of customer’s interest or which have been reserved as well as following up on quotations sent in an effort to convert to actual sales.
* Provide the highest level of Customer Service.
* Empower and encourage the team to take immediate action to meet the needs of guests and give input on how to continuously improve our meeting with them.
Ensure our guests have a great shopping experience always throughout the day.
* Lead, inspire and motivate the sales team to optimize sales and profits.
* Ensure store is always “In Shape as New”.
* Ensure implementation of the store’s commercial activities and Business Plan.
* Define objectives and lead efforts to achieve these through continuous evaluation and follow-up
* Be a participant in and contribute to the Store Commercial team.
* Develop and implement commercial strategic plans based on business priorities and local market.
* Passionate leader who can bring business and people together, inspired by the IKEA core leadership capabilities and strive to continuously develop as a leader.
* In co-operation with the Human Resources (HR) department, recruit his team based on the IKEA values.
* Committed to the development of his team and secure their training to ensure all co-workers understand the IKEA Concept and other key guidelines, and how they have an impact on their specific roles.
* Empower, support and coach his co-workers on the job to help them perform better and grow.
* Actively develop successors to ensure he meet the succession needs of the IKEA store.
* Work actively to create an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality, and diversity is valued, to ensure the IKEA store is regarded as a great place to work.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria