Sales manager / Business Developer
(Location : Bahrain)
CORYS is a worldwide leader of dynamic simulators for training and engineering applications in three industrial fields nuclear, railways and process industries with over 3700 simulators delivered in more than 60 countries. CORYS employs 360 engineers and scientists worldwide and has yearly revenues of 50m€.
CORYS is currently looking for a sales manager/business developer in the Middle East for its Process industries activity. The role of the business developer will be to identify, create, develop and close business opportunities in the GCC Countries for process industries, in particular refining and petrochemical industries.
The job suits a candidate with a proven track record within Oil & Gas/Chemical industry either in process or automation fields. As a Business Developer, you are expected to generate business leads and opportunities in the sector and be able to follow these opportunities down to contract signature with the technical support of our engineers.
Due to the nature of the role, the Business Development Manager must be able to work in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining responsibility for several simultaneous complex offers at the same time. The ability to present and demonstrate CORYS’ value propositions to clients is critical to success. Additionally, you will be expected to manage the transition of the closed accounts to your colleagues in the execution teams. More specifically, the successful candidate shall be able to:
- Attract, target client and close new contracts with them across Gulf area for training and code validation simulators (CVS/OTS) for refining and petrochemical processes;
- Manage all aspects of a research based, strategic sales process to identify new opportunities based upon understanding client pain points and CORYS’ offer strong points;
- Qualify target accounts and hunt into prospected accounts to generate new business;
- Deliver effective executive presentations to demonstrate the value of CORYS portfolio of simulation solutions as well as our great experience track record;
- Own & support the delivery of timely responses to RFIs and RFPs;
- Ensure all stakeholders are engaged through to Deal Closure;
- Manage and coordinate the smooth transition from sales phase to project execution phase;
- Represent CORYS in tradeshows or market events in the area in coordination with other CORYS sales and business developers
- Report to senior management on all activities, especially using our CRM tool
Experience And Skillset Required
- A proven record of achievement in sales and new business development, ideally in petrochemical industry with medium-to-long sales cycles and complex technical products;
- Native Arabic speaker,
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken;
- French is a plus
- Experience and success in managing high-value and complex relationships with senior management in large corporations;
- Curiosity for technical subjects and their application to the industry
- A good understanding of training and simulation within the Oil & Gas industry would be a plus
- Strong commercial acumen, with a flair for high-value sales and hunter attitude;
- Confident and effective communicator, both written and oral, and presenter;
- Good contract negotiating skills with ability to close deals;
- Ability to interact with customers at technical levels as well as at management or financial levels;
- Strong networking skills;
- Self-motivation with the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a broader team;
- Ability to work remotely from our head office in autonomous mode,
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Good IT literacy and skills, including proficiency in Salesforce/CRM systems and MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
CORYS detailed presentation
For more information, visit our company site at www.corys.com.
10-15 years of experience
Information Technology & Services
Oil and Gas industry