This position reports to the Business Development Director, is a member of the Business Development team and will work with the team to deliver growth in line with the business strategy.
• Undertake local market shaping / pricing for the solution
• Identify and evaluate new business opportunities to extend and develop Serco’s customer and profit base across sectors; responsible for both developing pipeline and winning bids
• Lead in the development of a network of relationships with key customers, potential customers, partners and stakeholders to anticipate and meet customer’s existing and future needs and enhance Serco’s reputation;
• Undertake intelligence gathering on customers, targets and competitors
• Ensure customer retention and secure extension options for Defence
• Collaborate with Serco’s support functions to ensure effective financial management is in place to achieve turnover, profit and cash targets and to meet legal requirements
• Engage in partnership development, strategic partnerships and potential M&A activities
• Prepare proposals, scoping documents and presentations to communicate opportunities and proposed sales strategies
• Responsible for leading go to market activities that leads to winning business with new customers
• Work with the BD Director to develop, own and implement plans that will deliver business strategy to maximum effect;
• Support the critical evaluation of opportunities and assure bids are executed to a high Standard, working with the Bid team as the voice of the customer
• Exposure to Navy Vessels Maintenance , Operations and Modernization techniques
• Navy or Maritime experience in UAE and/or KSA is essential
• Existing knowledge of the large Defence Services client’s entities in KSA and UAE
• A natural consultancy style that constructively challenges the business and builds relationships at all levels of the organisation.
• Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or post-graduate studies / Advanced degree or post-graduate qualification
• A minimum 10 years’ experience in Business growth success and the bidding/tendering process in service contracts enabled by technologies
• Leadership and a convincing style to win.
• Effective communicator and negotiator.
• Experience in maritime systems design, acquisition support, production, and in-service support is preferable
• Experience in commercial negotiations, contract negotiations and closing deals
• Experienced post-command Executive with significant warfare and technology experience
• Exposure to and interpretation of the financial management of complex organisations.
• Experience in business growth success and the bidding/tendering process in service contracts • Arabic language skills are highly desirable
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria