Roles & Responsibilities
Position: Head of Fleet HSSEQ
Section : Fleet
Company : Nakilat
Location : Doha, Qatar
Job Summary and Purpose
Ensure that the NSQL managed vessels are managed and operated in full compliance with all applicable Flag State, International, National and Company requirements, by ensuring that effective systems and procedures are in place to monitor performance, compliance and dealing with shipping emergencies. As well as enhance the safety commitment of all Fleet office and onboard staff through effective engagement, interaction and reflective learning.
1. Maintain up-to-date and functioning management systems that encompass Fleet requirements of legislations and certifying authorities.
2. Maintain up-to-date register of rules and regulations for NSQL, and ensure compliance with all National, International, Flag state, classification society, industry rules and regulations applicable to the vessels.
Monitoring, Audits and Compliances:
3. Manage internal and external program of NSQL and vessels compliance audits, and act as a focal point for advice to management and staff onboard and ashore on compliance.
4. Act as a Designated Person Ashore (DPA) in accordance with International Safety Management (ISM) Code, as well as a focal point for NSQL vessels Flag State matters.
5. Act as a custodian for the NSQL Safety Management System (SMS) and ensure that effective procedures are in place to monitor compliance.
6. Act as the Company Security Officer (CSO) in accordance with ISPS code, to ensure the delivery of statutory requirements, and obtain security clearance for NSQL managed vessels.
7. Act as a focal point and steer NSQL TMSA program.
8. Establish, carry and follow-up on audit training, vessels vetting, suggestion schemes, preventative and corrective action systems.
9. Ensures that NSQL Vessels HSSE performance is effectively monitored, safety data analysis is undertaken and summary management information is prepared on a routine and ad-hoc basis.
10. As a member of the Fleet Management team, assist in ensuring the well-being of fleet vessels personnel in terms of occupational health, safety, security and environmental requirements.
11. Co-ordinate and conduct internal and external audits for ISM, ISPS and MLC certification.
Transfer of Ship Management:
12. Prepare Company to take over in-house ship management role of gas carriers from third party ship managers, which includes compliance and certification for ISM, ISPS codes and MLC convention.
13. Develop various plans for NSQL managed vessels and obtain approval from regulatory bodies.
14. Develop and ensure preparedness, readiness of the Emergency Response Room, and maintain Company Emergency Response Plan.
15. Manage section staff by overseeing their performance management, recruitment, training and development to ensure high levels of engagement and competence.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (QHSE):
16. Ensure compliance to all relevant QHSE policies, procedures and controls across the section, to ensure that Nakilat provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
17. Actively promote Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality Management policies of NSQL and Third Parties involved with NSQL vessels.
Budgets and Plans:
18. Contribute to the development of the Fleet divisional budget, through setting the HSSEQ Fleet section budget, and monitor its expenditure, while ensuring the optimal utilization of all available resources to protect Nakilat’s interest.
Systems and Processes:
19. Participate in developing the Fleet divisional policies, procedures and system, and ensure their proper implementation to support achieving the set targets and plans, hence Nakilat’s strategy.
20. Liaise with Governmental, QP, Industry and other relevant external parties to develop and enhance the company’s practices and procedures and protects its SHEQ interests.
21. Contribute to the development of the HSSEQ strategy within NSQL business activities.
22. Conduct and follow a proper risk assessment process, to ensure that all incidents are investigated thoroughly in accordance with effective incident investigation procedures.
23. Conduct regular Management Review meetings for NSQL in line with ISM Code, and provide suggestions to Management to improve vessels performance.
24. Establish a fit for purpose publications and reference materials to keep up to date with requirements of rules, regulations and legislations.
25. Carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
Key Result Areas
• Ensure all Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality Management policies and practices are always implemented and adhered to, across all NSQL vessels.
• Ensure that all incidents are thoroughly investigated and measures are put in place to prevent recurrence.