Roles & Responsibilities
1) Collect, review, and maintain adequate engineering/technical database and reports of all installed Systems & Control equipment in adherence and relevant international standards being followed within Qatar Energy. Draft technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents.
2) Make schedule and perform cyclic Check and generate reports to analyze and plan systems improvement strategy. Coordinate day to day activities of Control system and vendors to complete the tasks as per plan and according to Safety Policies and Procedures. Managing the long-term maintenance contract with the OEM/Vendor for minor modification, trouble shooting and any other call off services related to various systems.
3) Managing & maintaining of all systems software, licenses, and latest application backups. Archiving of Historian Data from various Servers at regular intervals and its proper storage.
4) Periodically evaluate existing Control systems hardware & software and optimize them to improve safety and reliability, such as obsolescence or vendor revision upgrades. Upgrading the Operating Systems, Application Software, Anti-Virus and other related software of Systems to match with the latest release / patches / versions. Also, any change of the Firm ware versions of Modules / controllers to overcome the obsolescence. Assist maintenance section to write-off or dispose obsolete and defective control system spare parts according to QatarEnergy policy guidance.
4) Periodically evaluate existing Control systems hardware & software and optimize them to improve safety and reliability, such as obsolescence or vendor revision upgrades. Upgrading the Operating Systems, Application Software, Anti-Virus and other related software of Systems to match with the latest release / patches / versions. Also, any change of the Firm ware versions of Modules / controllers to overcome the obsolescence. Assist maintenance section to write-off or dispose obsolete and defective control system spare parts according to Qatar Energy policy guidance.
6) Assist Sr. Systems & Control Engineer to maintain All Software Licenses, Backups, Image backups of Servers / Clients etc. Archiving of Historian Data from various Servers at regular intervals and its proper storage. Focal point for implementation of Cyber Security requirements of all Control Systems as per corporate objective
7) Handle the interfacing of PI Servers of RTPIMS with respective DCS and coordination with ICT for any RTPIMS and Alarm Management related issues. Maintaining operational effectiveness of all network and communication systems associated with Control Systems on-board installations. Ensure all applicable (installations) equipment adhere to intrinsically safe codes of practice.
8) Carries out responsibilities of Performing Authority and/or Worksite Supervisor to obtain PTW for various system related works. Arrange necessary documents such as method statements, drawing, JHA and certificates etc. Inform and discuss the activities with concerned team of Project, Maintenance and Operations to maintain plant availability with due emphasis on safety.
9) Plan, conduct and manage Control system related activities of Major & Minor overhauling of Gas Turbines and Compressors. Monitor & collect Online Machine parameters and alarm history on a regular basis. Efficient and economic administration of control system spare parts using SAP.
10) Analyze conflicting maintenance schedules and recommend priority listing to supervisor. Update daily, routine, and planned activities to Sr. System Engineer. Perform various SAP related works applicable for Control systems. Procure and maintain necessary tools and equipment to meet specific jobs of Control Systems. Maintain office equipment and pickup/transport usage records.
Desired Candidate Profile
a) Completion of Secondary (12 years) education, technical diploma/trade certificate followed by formal training in the use of Computerized Maintenance Management System and planning software.
b) The candidate shall be in a good physically fit condition. The candidate shall be able to communicate fluently in English, both verbally and in writing.
c) The candidate shall be fully familiar with construction drawings, isometric and P. & I.Ds.
d) Must have relevant experience in Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP or similar).
e) Works in Air-conditioned office environment 30% and Exposure to prevailing outdoor climatic condition 70%.
a) The candidate shall have minimum (10) years’ experience in the oil and gas related business.
b) Must have relevant experience in the field of routine Maintenance Planning
c) Knowledge and understands the maintenance processes and proper use of the work order system, planning and scheduling processes.
Should be Holder of a Light Vehicle Driving License issued by Qatar Traffic dept. Defensive Driving training/course attendance
to be provided
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria