Roles & Responsibilities
Supervises and directs the work activities of Senior Technician/s, his technicians and Service Contractors in the provision of cost-effective plant engineering maintenance services to Plants.
Ensures that all the above activities are carried out in a safe and environmentally friendly manner , on time and to the highest quality standards, with a view to attain optimum availability of plant, equipment, and machinery for operation.
Provides inputs for formulation of capital and operating budgetary outlays and ensures expenditure within the same. Carries out maintenance and reliability studies and initiates actions for replacement/up gradation of equipment and Plant as well as improvement in work methods.
Schedules work, implements preventative/corrective maintenance schedules,
1. Supervises the activities of mechanical personnel in the Process Unit and utilities, directs and controls the activities of plant maintenance with optimum utilization of spares. Establishes extent and type of maintenance. Carries out supervisory duties and exercises financial authority at the level established by management and development with particular reference to Qatari Development.
2. Controls and directs assigned QE personnel and Service Contractors in the work of inspection, routine maintenance, breakdown repair of plant, equipment and pipelines. Ensures all maintenance activities are carried out in a safe, efficient, timely and cost effective manner, according to prescribed schedules and plans. Includes reviewing defect reports to establish current and backlog work requirements and
using manual and computer based maintenance planning system information (S.A.P) to formulate schedules and planned programmes. Monitors maintenance activities through visiting plant areas and spot checking on plant condition. Attends promptly to breakdown situation, monitoring repairs and work progress through exception reporting by sub-ordinates. Plans immediate and future maintenance requirements
and frequencies for all major plant and equipment.
3. Co-ordinates the activities of assigned QE personnel and Service Contractors in all major shutdown, annual overhaul and minor project maintenance work associated within equipment and pipelines with arrangement of required spare parts. .
4. Carries out engineering maintenance studies to justify replacements, modifications or additions, minor projects, asset, equipment and. Collects, sorts and evaluates maintenance records and production related information to establish breakdown patterns and causes. Undertakes site inspections to determine condition of plant, equipment and assets. Prepares Approach Proposals (APs) for presentation to
management. Reviews requests for the replacement of workshop tools and equipment and calculates manpower
requirements to sustain maintenance operations in light of proposed production targets.
5. Carries out other similar or related duties such as liaising with QE Workshop Supervisor and/or outside w/shops to co-ordinate the manufacturer and machining of unobtainable spare parts; working with welding/equipment inspectors on non destructive testing applications and ensuing that maintenance work activities are accurately recorded for plant and equipment history and future maintenance analysis; implementing QE’s Safety Policy and regulations by attending maintenance safety meetings and carrying out safety audits with particular regard to hazardous areas, briefing sub-ordinates on job safety practices and observing that they adhere to safety rules and regulations. Also ensure the full compliance of subordinates to Plant Permit to work procedures (PTW) /ISO procedures.
6. Associate with commissioning of equipments and assets of new projects and submit the punch list items for replacement/up gradation of equipment and Plant as well as improvement in work methods/ proper maintenance access.
Desired Candidate Profile
1. Frequent contacts at own or next higher level with personnel in other sections of Engineering/Materials and with other departments in the Operations Division on routine maintenance, annual shutdowns, overhauls, general plant occupation requirements, and plant conditions, its inspection and equipment testing.
2. Frequent contact with contractors to supervise their work, and to ensure adherence to contract terms and conditions and maintenance of good engineering practices.
3. Holds regular safety meetings within the section and advises staff on safety related queries which they may have. Also liaisons with Gas Processing on safety audits and tours of the plant facilities.
4. Free to analyse and determine work methods based on knowledge of sound modern engineering practice and QE’s policies and procedures to achieve defined objectives of plant availability. Completed assignments are subject to review by supervisor.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Experience
1. B.Sc in Engineering or its equivalent, relevant short courses in Safety/First aid with regard to hazardous areas. Good knowledge of English.
2. Also shall be familiar with operating PC and its basis software’s, SAP.
3. 8 years experience of mechanical/electrical/instrument maintenance applications on oil/gas processing
plants. Includes maintenance engineering of NGL Plants, equipment, asset in a supervisory capacity.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria