Roles & Responsibilities
This Company is in search of an experienced Transaction Development Specialist to take on the role of senior transaction lead and advisor for the Third-Party Transaction Development Department (TPT) within the New Business Development Admin Area (NBD). The primary focus of NBD is to become This Company’s premier investment arm, known for creating value through an optimized and diverse portfolio. Its mission is to capitalize on This Company’s assets, capabilities, and expenditure to commercially develop, hold, and manage non-core adjacent businesses. TPT’s objectives are to effectively develop and execute third-party projects, leading to long-term cost savings through capital optimization and balanced risk allocation, fostering cross-business collaboration and skill-sharing, and becoming an employer of choice by prioritizing talent development and retention.
NBD aims to appoint a highly skilled transaction specialist to spearhead the transaction development and procurement process until financial closure for various outsourcing models such as Build Own Operate Transfer (BOOT), Build Own Operate (BOO), and others, encompassing sectors like power, water, midstream assets, pipelines, real estate, and services projects. The Specialist must demonstrate the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams in complex third-party transactions, either as a client or a bidder. Additionally, the role involves providing support to other departments in conducting pre-feasibility and feasibility studies to assess the viability of future third-party projects.
• Support pre-feasibility and feasibility studies to establish technical, financial, and marketing viability of new initiatives.
• Manages transaction development / procurement process from early economics analysis through to financial close.
• Provide post financial close commercial support as needed.
• Determines the scope and objectives of the transaction, offering commercialized solutions to meet This Company’s business requirements.
• Reviews BOOT proposals.
• Coordinates internal subject matter experts groups (Law, Finance, and Corporate Planning/Management Services) to ensure transaction progress.
• Participates in planning NBD performance.
• Acts as a “Transaction Lead” with responsibility for each phase of the transaction to financial close.
• Works with internal organizations and external investors to promote new business opportunities.
• Provides administrative direction as required to the transaction teams.
• Prepare job performance appraisals and recommends job promotions.
• Capable of analyzing companies, performing industry sector analysis, and interacting with external financial advisors, lenders, environmental, commercial, and technical consultants.
• Fully familiar with the BOO/BOOT concession models and the steps needed to close a project including: Drafting Solicitation of Interest, finalizing and issuing the Request for Proposals, conducting Job Explanation meetings, managing a bid process, conducting negotiation sessions with the Bidder, Managing the Bid Review Team to review the bids, bid evaluation and selection, and the financial close process.
• Understands and complies with the Company s Third-Party Transaction guidelines.
• Formulate economic/financial models for complex business proposals.
• Prepares the transaction approval documents at each stage of the transaction and manages the required functional review and approvals.
• Leads the development of business offerings packages to potential investors.
• Leads screening the potential investors.
• Performs other miscellaneous duties as directed.
• Manages and mentors young professionals.
• This role required candidate to permanently relocate at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
• Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or its equivalent is required. Graduate degree is desirable. Advanced professional competence evidenced by professional licenses and other forms of continuing professional education.
• 10 years relevant experience in business development. A foremost expert in business development, will possess relevant industry expertise and will have solid experience in project development, BOOT/ PPP / DBFO projects, project finance transactions, and joint ventures.
• Proficient in oral and written English. Some command of Arabic is beneficial but not mandatory.