Roles & Responsibilities
A’soud Global School (AGS) Salalah is looking to recruit two well-qualified, passionate and experienced Primary Teachers (Key Stages 1 and 2 / Years 1-5) to join a successful team of practitioners within our multi-cultural, international school.
Who are we?
AGS Salalah is a vibrant, welcoming international school in the heart of the Dhofar region of Oman. Currently providing education for children of many nationalities between KG1 to Year 10, where pupils are entered for their IGCSEs, it is a truly exciting time to join us as we expand our primary-age intake further, at the same time as extending our secondary provision in our journey to becoming an all-through school.
As a school, we follow the highly-respected Cambridge international curriculum, which is flexible, challenging and inspiring, culturally sensitive yet international in approach. Through our internationally-recognised curriculum, we aim for our pupils to develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning, along with gaining the essential skills they need for success beyond our school and in their future endeavours.
Our pupils education takes place within state-of-the-art facilities, including spacious classrooms, outdoor multi-games courts, swimming and splash pools, an indoor multi-purpose sports hall, a library, ICT rooms, music rooms, art and drama rooms and science laboratories.
Our aims are to equip our pupils with the values, attitudes and skills that will ensure they are not only active but effective global citizens, whether at university, in the workplace or elsewhere in their lives, and to deliver high quality, lifelong learning outcomes for all, consistently, regardless of changes to circumstances or the learning environment around us.
The successful candidate will join a growing and supportive staff and will be responsible for planning high quality provision, working both independently and in collaboration in equal measure.
Life in Salalah
Oman is a welcoming, politically stable and friendly country – and nowhere more so than in Salalah on Oman s picturesque southern coast. Salalah Airport is only a short distance away and offers high levels of accessibility, with popular destinations such as Muscat and Dubai only an hour or so away. There is easy access to a broad variety of foods and other goods, with a number of local expat groups, sporting teams and other interest groups for those inclined to participate. With its incredible scenery, wonderful beaches, rich culture and sunny climate, Salalah offers a delightful location in which to experience teaching in an international context.
• have high expectations of all learners;
• be highly motivated, adaptable and willing to embrace the challenges and excitement of an international teaching career in the Middle East with an ambitious and growing school;
• be able to demonstrate outstanding standards of learning and teaching;
• have experience in teaching across the Primary phase, with demonstrable skill in Years 1-5;
• have strong knowledge of and experience in the successful delivery of phonics;
• be experienced in using effective differentiation and assessment techniques;
• be an exceptional communicator, with a commitment to working collaboratively in a whole-school community;
• be ambitious and keen to develop existing knowledge and skills;
• have respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background;
• have experience of working with children for whom English is an additional language;
• value playing a part in the broader life of a school and have a commitment to developing its extra-curricular programme.