Roles & Responsibilities
At Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar, ensuring the safety and well-being of our Colleagues, guests and visitors is an integral part of our operations. As a Pool Technician your attentiveness, efficiency and commitment will ensure our hotel remains a safe, enjoyable workplace and travel destination.
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
• Clean pools, scrub the tile and clean skimmer baskets.
• Test pool chemical levels and make adjustments when needed.
• Pool equipment and plumbing repairs
• Mechanical pool equipment repairs (pumps and motors)
• Check automatic pool controllers daily and record readings
• Assists guests needs when asked
• Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
• Follow safety procedures
• Other duties as assigned
• Diagnoses, repairs, and maintains public swimming pools, water systems, filter systems, and pumps.
• Schedules, assigns, monitors, reviews, and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
• Maintain the pool and all water features using proper chemicals and cleaners.
• Maintain the pool pumps and filters.
• Maintained the pool area, including deck cleaning and other maintenance tasks.
• Respond to swimming pool-related work orders promptly, friendly, and efficiently to assess and repair non-functioning machinery or equipment.
• Repairs and maintains electrical and mechanical equipment.
• Transports and stores hazardous chemicals.
• Regularly testing swimming pool water quality and PH balance.
• Tests the chemical levels in public swimming pools and other water systems and adjusts as needed.
• Maintains manual or automated records of all activities and prepares daily / weekly / monthly reports.
• Operates and inspects tools and equipment and makes minor adjustments and repairs.
• Cleaning and servicing swimming pool filtration units.
• Servicing heating, circulation and de-humidifier systems.
• Fixing lights above and below water level.
• Use swimming pool vacuum cleaners to clean the pool floor.
• Checking and repairing corrosion, cracks and leaks in the pool walls or floors.
• Use a telescopic pole with net to clean and remove any leaf’s or derbies.
• Making sure equipment like pool covers, diving boards and slides are in good working order
• Logging and reporting equipment faults or water quality problems to managers.
• Maintain the chemical inventory