Roles & Responsibilities
About the GAC Group
Since our beginnings in 1956, the GAC Group has been in business to help our customers businesses by providing the best shipping, logistics and marine services around the world. And we have the reach, resources, expertise, and experience to deliver on that promise.
About GAC Oman
GAC Oman was established in 1972 and we are now one of the leading shipping and logistics agents in the country. We provide a comprehensive portfolio of professional shipping and logistics services nationwide and operate at the ports of Muscat, Salalah, Sohar, Sur, Khazab and Duqm.
GAC Oman is looking for candidates for the role of Operations Coordinator in shipping department. Would you be the one?
• Ensure timely, accurate and effective management of services and supplies to the vessels as required by vessel owners.
• Coordinate effectively with port operations staff to ensure a smooth delivery of services and handling of vessel operations.
• Communicate with principals effectively and provide timely and accurate reports to assist in future voyage planning.
• Organise and maintain ship files in a methodical manner and ensure all records are up to date for easy reference.
• Input port call data in our shipping system GAC agent in a timely and accurate manner to ensure real-time up-to-date information.
• Serve as a role model by upholding GAC Code of Ethics, displaying GAC Sprit and acting in the best interest of GAC Oman and the Group.
• Perform any other duties requested or delegated by manager to ensure the service level of the company is maintained.
1 – 2 years of qualified experience in disbursement or a similar function.
Minimum Diploma or Bachelor s Degree.
Knowledge about Oman s customs rules and regulations.
Good English communication skills both written and verbal.
Basic knowledge of computing software especially in MS Office & Outlook.
Good work ethics and ability to comply with company policies and procedures.
Cultural awareness for working with people from various cultures and backgrounds.
Omani driving licence will be an advantage.
As a GAC colleague, you will
• Become part of the GAC global community. We are proud of our company culture which values all employees and recognises that there is more to them than their job title.
• Join a multinational organisation with a dynamic working environment.
• Face challenges to help both you and our organisation grow.
• Join us on our journey to create a more sustainable future.