URGENTLY Required Lecturer (Mechanical Engineering)
Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Hawthorn Muscat English Language Centre is hiring Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering to be assigned to work for our client, the Military Technological College (MTC) located in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman. To start duties immediately.
- BEng, MSc in an appropriate discipline, or appropriate professional experience.
- A qualification in Lecturing and/or Teaching .
- 3. Membership of a professional body or other recognized subject authority.
Specific Knowledge & Experience
- Subject expertise in at least Aero/Systems/Civil/Marine as appropriate
- Experience of teaching in the HE
- Postgraduate experience in Aero/Systems/Civil/Marine as appropriate
- Working knowledge of Aero/Systems/Civil/Marine as appropriate
- Knowledge of Oman and UK Higher Education System & Quality Agenda.
Education: Master of Technology/Engineering(Automobile, Mechanical)
- Key Responsibilities:
- To undertake teaching duties in Aero/Systems/Civil/Marine as appropriate and related subjects, at foundation year, undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- To develop and deliver teaching materials assessment of courses for delivery as required.
- Contribute to assessment and examinations including moderation of material, marking, moderation of marking and timely feedback is provided as required by college policy.
- Ensure that accurate and up to date student records, such as assignment, examination, projects marks and reports are maintained and submitted promptly.
- To contribute to the learning and pastoral support of students inside and outside the classroom, such as personal tutorials and personal development.
- To contribute to a range of administrative tasks including curriculum development and quality assurance within the teaching and learning processes for which the Department is responsible.
- To carry out such duties within the Department and College on instructions of the Head of Department if called upon to do so.
- To contribute to research and/or knowledge transfer in areas related to the existing themes and activities within the College. This includes guided research supervision, contribution to publication in peer-reviewed international journals and conferences and supporting income generation bids from a variety of funding sources.
4. Skills & Abilities
- Teaching experience at the required level.
- A high level of problem solving ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proven ability to carry out quality research as evidenced by a publication record
- High level of IT skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to advise students on sensitive issues and direct to appropriate resources.
- Ability to teach other engineering science subjects.
Initially the candidates should provide the following documents:
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae providing career history, qualifications, experience, and personal details of the candidate (Marital Status, number of dependents, Date of Birth, health issues if have any)
• Scanned copies of qualifications, experience testimonials or reference letters, current passport and passport-sized colored photo.
Employee Salary Package:
1. Monthly Tax-Free Basic Salary of 900 Omani Riyals (OMR) depending on qualifications and related experience.
2. Transportation allowance of 100 OMR monthly.
3. Free suitable, furnished, air-conditioned accommodation on Campus (depends on availability of units) or 200 Omani Riyal monthly accommodation allowance.
4. One-way economy ticket for staff to join duties and one-way economy ticket back to country of origin at the end of the contract. Return ticket will be provided if the contract is renewed (or 75% cash value)
5. Free medical services insurance in the approved clinics and hospitals within Oman.