Roles & Responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities
• Implement sustainable management systems to manage occupational health & hygiene hazards.
• Implement the Minimum Health Management Standards in full compliance with this Contract including: Undertaking Health Risk Assessments for new projects and existing job types, Human Factors Engineering reviews for new projects, implement Fitness to Work Standards and health surveillance programs.
• Report on occupational health performance.
• Focal Point for Managing Radiation (NORM and Sub-Contractors such as NDT).
• Develop and undertake monitoring programs to verify exposures are below occupational exposure limits for chemical and physical hazards.
• Report and recommend on medical risks that may affect worker productivity aiming to assist personnel improve their wellbeing and avoid absenteeism.
• Ensure employees are aware, trained and equipped to carry out their work safely and equipment is designed, operated and maintained throughout its life so as to minimize health exposures.
• Conduct workplace assessments, incident investigations and audits to identify, evaluate and control risk (chemical, physical, noise, biological, ergonomics, etc.) in compliance with the Company Standards and OHS management system.
• Keep abreast of new developments and health issues that may be potential risks Communicate health hazards and risks appropriately in order to prevent incidences and encourage precautionary action.
• Protect the workforce health and well-being at all levels in all areas, from health/hygiene hazards that can result from chemical, biological, ergonomic or physical factors in the work environment.
• Management and effective implementation of Occupational Health and Hygiene programs in full compliance with the Contract requirements.
Desired Candidate Profile
• Shall be responsible and accountable for the implementation and management of occupational health and hygiene management systems in full compliance with the Contract requirements.
• Shall report directly to the HSE Manager.