The Munitions Technician receives, stores, inspects, test, transports, and maintains U.S. Air Force (USAF) Munitions, Munitions Material Handling Equipment (MMHE), and supporting resources as applicable to the Site. Operates Theater Integrated Combat Munitions System (TICMS). May supervise Asian/Local National Munitions Workforce. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and DynCorp ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
* Consistently observes and enforces all USAF and host nation explosives safety, AFOSH, and security standards during all explosives and non-explosives operations in assigned sites and temporary duty locations.
* In the event of an emergency, takes necessary control and timely response actions.
* Conducts all munitions work according to established quality processes, identifying potential problems and recommending solutions.
* Reconditions, repairs, and replaces defective or missing parts of munitions and containers.
* Performs munitions storage actions according to the stringent explosives standards.
* Conducts warehouse inventories and corrects any discrepancies.
* Works closely with operations personnel to resolve any serviceability and accountability issues noted during warehouse operations.
* Prepares and configures munitions shipments for air, sea, and surface transportation.
* Uploads/downloads trucks with incoming and outgoing munitions shipments.
* Assists inspecting munitions in accordance with 11A-1-10 and applicable technical orders.
* Assists inspecting munitions brass, residue, and containers in accordance with 11A-1-60.
* Operates assigned TICMS as is applicable to Site’s processes.
* Inspects, operates and performs maintenance on light vehicles and handling equipment such as, forklifts, pallet jacks, and manual hoists.
* Inspects and operates metal strapping equipment, stencil machines, heat sealers, pneumatic paint guns, air compressors and power tools.
* Inspects and perform minor maintenance on facilities and installed equipment. Cleans vehicles, equipment and facilities.
* Prepares and delivers general and explosives safety briefings.
* Works necessary hours, to include stand-by duties, to support mission requirements during peacetime and combat contingencies.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
* Must have basic knowledge of the USAF Supply and Tech Order systems or US service equivalent.
* Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
* Will be required to operate material handling equipment.
* Must possess a valid home country driver’s license and ability to obtain host nation driver’s license.
Experience & Education
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Preferred to have a minimum of four years of experience with USAF Military Munitions.
* Preferred to have attended formal USAF Munitions Systems training.
* Preferred Associate’s Degree in Munitions Management.
* Must not have been convicted of a Domestic Violence charge (Lautenberg Amendment compliance).
* Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
* Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
* Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
* Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
* Must have normal color perception and depth of vision.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria