At BlueScope, we create and inspire smart solutions in steel, strengthening our communities and helping build a better future. Our steel has shaped everything from hospitals and schools, bridges and stadiums to fences and homes – influencing the way we live and work, now and in the future.
Come and discover the opportunity to join our Engineering team at our Port Kembla Manufacturing facility as a Mechanical Engineer. As a part of the broader Australian Steel Products portfolio, we have six major manufacturing sites at Port Kembla that deliver a variety of products, innovative solutions and services to our export and domestic customers.
Being part of a highly skilled multidisciplinary team at our SpringHill site, this role will see you provide ongoing mechanical engineering design & project engineering expertise to implement various projects. The role ensures that project deliverables are achieved safely within the agreed time, appropriate levels of quality & within budget.
What Will You Do?
In this diverse role, you will:
– assist in delivering continuous improvement outcomes;
– provide specialist expertise in mechanical, structural and ergonomic design engineering to help minimize business risks associated with the application of technology in manufacturing improvement projects whilst ensuring the plant is reliable and safe to operate; and
– work within a project team to deliver projects in a cost-effective & timely manner.
More About You
As an experienced Mechanical Engineer, you will possess technical and analytical knowledge, as well as:
– degree qualifications in Mechanical Engineering;
– experience in a technical engineering role encompassing management of customer interfaces, design, manufacture, installation and commissioning of new equipment;
– some exposure to computer aided design tools such as Finite Element Stress analysis and ACAD; and
– experience in delivering small projects.
The BlueScope Difference
A career at BlueScope provides the opportunity to make a difference – to you, to your team, to our customers, to transforming products, processes and brands, and to an organisation intent on shaping a better built environment for all our communities. At BlueScope, you will:
– make an impact both within the organisation and in the broader community
– create and deliver innovative products and solutions that shape the world we live in
– grow on a path of continuous learning and development
– enjoy the sense of ‘belonging’ that comes from working with people who genuinely look out for one another
We’re dedicated to supporting our people – keeping one-another safe, rewarding successes, and helping individuals grow. We foster workplace flexibility and an inclusive work environment that welcomes people of all backgrounds. We’re committed to climate action and to helping shape a better future for all our communities; we are committed to Our Purpose, Creating Strength.
Come and discover us at bluescope.com/life-at-bluescope/.Together we can make a world of difference.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria