About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have a deep business knowledge and are energized by working in a changing complex environment and you navigate with confidence in an agile way. You have excellent skills in communication, negotiation and have a strong engagement and commitment to develop the business by optimizing performance through people. You appreciate the mix of strategic, tactical and operational thinking and demonstrate an open mind-set. You are a strong communicator with the ability to influence and inspire across all levels.
* What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
* Live and share the IKEA values every day
* Bachelors Degree in Marketing
* You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field, preferably in retail marketing
* You possess analytical and strategic skills for potential succession planning
* You are a multi-tasker and have a strong team spirit
* You are computer literate (All Microsoft Programs)
* Arabic not required but is an added advantage
Support the store’s commercial objectives (Vitality Calendar) through the effective planning and implementation of specific marketing initiatives within the store’s primary marketing area (PMA) in coordination with the Marketing team – SO, as well as developing and implementing any Local marketing activities in support to drive footfall and repeat visitation to the store.
Member of Management and Commercial team.
Owner of the IKEA FAMILY program and family section with support of Sales, Comm-In and Logistics to drive enrolment and ensure customers’ loyalty. Act as the in-store main point of contact for in store survey and research either as part of a national or local initiative
IKEA Store assignment:
* Coordinate and liaise with the Marketing team in Service Office for supporting national marketing initiatives (e.g.: catalogue & catalogue distribution, promotions on local web pages, soft toy campaign and other offline initiatives) for driving traffic and supporting the Vitality calendar.
* Optimize sales by executing any local marketing initiatives to drive traffic
* Support, create and contribute the vitality calendar by coordinating with the Marketing team – SO to execute details of national marketing initiatives
* Partner with other store management team and organize general meetings, activities linked to the launch of business plans, seasonal parties and other events.
* Obtain relevant product and service information from the various departments and communicate it to the store’s co-workers, allowing them to communicate to our customers in an accurate and timely manner
* Develop, identify, utilize and update communication channels for delivering key messages (i.e. Intranet, monthly store newsletter, etc.).
* Manage local CSR initiatives and support the development and implementation of local sustainability and corporate social responsibility plans and activities for your store and within your local community.
* Act as the local market ‘specialist’ understanding customers by utilising key data sources, including Brand Capital, ICSS, and IKEA FAMILY, sharing this information to assist with store decision making and recommendations
* Coordinate with the Research function in SO as well as managing any local driven research.
* Prepare post-campaign reports for local market campaigns, drawing conclusions and providing future recommendations.
* Undertake any additional activities as directed by the Local Store Manager
* Responsible to perform Duty Manager tasks on weekends as per the schedule provided (morning or evening).
* Able to work on weekends.
* Responsible of the IKEA FAMILY program as a marketing activity as well as a commercial activity.
* Work closely with other store functions (e.g.: commercial team) to ensure we communicate the IKEA FAMILY strategy, concept and benefits and that all IKEA FAMILY offers are available and visible throughout the store, presented & communicated in the best possible way:◦Offers on Products
* IKEA FAMILY shop is in shape as new at all time.
* Offers on Services
* Offers on IFB
* Inspirational activities, such as seminars
* Work with other store functions and IKEA FAMILY country manager to plan and implement local commercial activities and seminars, to drive customer traffic to the store and to ensure the vitality of the program
* Ensuring internal awareness in store and the impact of the IKEA FAMILY membership has on our long-term growth and profitability
* Ensuring that the IKEA FAMILY offers from external partners are communicated as additional benefits to our members
* Work with IKEA FAMILY country manager to effectively use the IKEA FAMILY membership data for local initiatives
* Always look at the store through the eyes of our customers finding ways to drive membership recruitment and inspire our co-workers to do the same.
* Develop local/store additional offers based on the local market needs
* Achieve the agreed goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria