The Maintenance Scheduler plans, schedules and organizes use and maintenance of aircraft, engines, munitions, aerospace ground equipment (AGE) and associated support systems. Documents and maintains aircraft, engines, munitions and associated support system records.
* Maintain and generate maintenance flow plans to accomplish all maintenance actions and support the units operational requirements.
* Analyze maintenance information and requirements and develop visual presentations.
* Monitor aircraft maintenance scheduling effectiveness.
* Plan and schedule aircraft maintenance and utilization requirements.
* Develop plans and establish production schedules to meet mission requirements.
* Schedule aircraft, engines, AGE, munitions and associated support systems through maintenance phases.
* Coordinate with Unit/Base activities to ensure support is available to meet schedules.
* Manage aircraft, engine, munitions, and selected equipment inventory data.
* Reconcile flying hour data with operations.
* Schedule maintenance jobs, helps establish work priorities, and monitors completion times.
* Schedule and monitor workload requirement. Ensures the maintenance control supervisor and key managers are advised of maintenance capabilities, limiting production factors, and adherence to maintenance schedules.
* Maintains and audits aircraft, engines and systems records.
* Collect, review and file documented information for planning and scheduling maintenance actions.
* Maintain historical records for aircraft, engines and systems.
* Manage system configuration, Time Compliance Technical Order (TCTO), special inspection, and time change programs and their related documentation / maintenance information system.
* Ensure accurate documentation of aircraft, engines, munitions, TCTO, time change items and special inspections.
* Identify and ensure all parts requirements for TCTO’s, special inspections, scheduled maintenance and time changes are identified, ordered and coordinated with the various sections and supply.
* Develop, implement and conduct On the Job Training (OJT) for assigned Technicians assigned to his section.
* Build positive relationships between the customer and key stakeholders of the program.
* Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
* Knowledge of assigned aircraft, engines and associated equipment; maintenance and automated procedures applying to planning, scheduling and documenting; concepts and application of maintenance directives; automated system status; operational, inspection and time change; delayed discrepancy; TCTO; and engine subsystems.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Experience in an international environment and ability to work and train non-US personnel.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software and scheduling / maintenance management software.
* Fluent in reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English.
Experience & Education
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Associates degree in a technical discipline as it relates aircraft maintenance and scheduling preferred.
* Five (5) or more years of experience in aircraft Scheduling and Documentation / Maintenance Management Production field.
* Eight (8) or more years of total experience in the specialty.
* Valid Driver’s License required.
* Qualification in and possession of AFSC 2R171 (Craftsman skill level or higher) or civilian equivalent required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
* Generally works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
* Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
* Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
* Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and working at other locations.
* Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for up to twelve (12) hours per day and sit for up to eight (8) hours per day.
* May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
* Ability to work various shifts which may include evening and weekend hours.
* Must be able to grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above/below shoulders.
* May be required to lift up to 50 pounds to a height of four (4) feet and be required to lift up to 20 pounds to a height of seven (7) feet.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria