AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
To operate a limited range of machines for manufacturing paint as per agreed operational methods and standards and in line with Company’s Health, Safety, and Environment Policy to ensure 100% compliance with Akzo Nobel’s Powder Coatings weekly production plan.
1.) Operating Powder Machines:
* Follow factory SOP’s relevant to area of work.
* To have the experience and knowledge to operate at least one of the following Powder Coatings Machines:
Mixer: dry powder mixing machine.
Extruder: used to melt dry powder & break into chips.
Milling machine: used for grinding the chips into very fine powder.
Sieving & Packaging: filtering of the product through a vibratory sieve and packing into carton boxes.
Blending: Dry Powder Mixing Base Paint in the Tumbler blender and filtering of the product through a rotary sieve packing into boxes.
2.) Maintenance of Machines:
* Clean machines, related equipment, and work areas, using water and air.
3.) Batch processing:
* Progress batches as per production schedule and production targets.
* Complete all relevant production paperwork accurately and in full.
* Pre-batch the raw materials as per the picking list.
* Transfer, check, and charge raw materials, control process materials, sampling, filling and maintaining the process parameters (such as temperature, machine speed).
4.) Driving Forklift Machines (additional/ not essential):
* Drives forklift machines to stack and remove materials from the racks and transfer containers to the OLS area and tumbler mixer on the production floor.
* Ensure that assigned machines and area are kept tidy and clean.
* Keep area clean as per the 5S standards.
6.) Policy Compliance:
* Comply with HSE policy and standards established in AkzoNobel and actively participate in initiatives that promote these areas
Follow AkzoNobel Life Saving Rules and Golden Principle.
Follow the ISO and HSE Procedures
Compliance with all site rules and procedures.
Compliance with all HSE and PPE instructions.
Report and HSE concerns or damages (Hazard Report +Verbal Communication)
* A minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in operating at least one with a manufacturing machine and batch processing within a manufacturing environment.
* Basic knowledge of safety rules and measures in a production environment.
* Basic knowledge of raw materials, production processes and quality control.
* The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions.
* Recording basic data on specific operational forms
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria