Procures and prepares specimens from patients/donors for Laboratory testing. Operates and maintains laboratory pre-analytical equipment. Distributes specimens to appropriate Laboratory section.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Obtains specimens from patients in accordance with accepted techniques and procedures, including but not limited to phlebotomy, correct patient identification, dispensing appropriate specimen containers and instructing patients in proper collection of sample submitted for testing.
2. Receives, processes, aliquots and distributes specimens to appropriate Laboratory section following established procedures.
3. Obtains correct medical history from blood donors, screens blood donors for hematocrit, blood pressure, temperature, and pulse following established procedure.
4. Performs assigned duties as related to the Hospital information system (ICIS), including but not limited to encounter creation, activation, inquiry, labelling and receiving functions.
5. Operates and maintains laboratory pre-analytical equipment, and participate in the quality assurance programs of the department.
6. Assists technologists in routine duties as directed, including but not limited to assisting with stocking supplies, limited clerical functions and maintenance procedures as defined for the section.
7. Prepares and packages specimens for send-out following the shipping instructions of both the performing laboratories and the International Air Transport Association.
8. Performs results entry for send-out specimens and reviews the outstanding specimens log to ensure all request are properly processed.
9. Ensures correct procedures are followed for all aspects of safety as established in the department, including safe disposal of used needles and lancets using Universal precautions in work practices.
10. Works in accordance with standards established by College of American Pathologists, American Association of Blood Banks, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals and other accrediting agencies as applicable.
Bachelor’s or Associate Degree/Diploma in Medical/Clinical Laboratory Science or Laboratory Technology or Nursing as LP/SEN; or completion of Phlebotomy Training program at KFSH&RC is required.
Grade 6:No experience with Bachelor’s, one (1) year of related experience with Associate Degree/Diploma, or two (2) years of full time clinical laboratory experience at a healthcare institute with Phlebotomy Training program is required.
Grade 7:· Four (4) years as Laboratory Technician at KFSH&RC.· Average of annual performance appraisal at least (3.5) for the last four (4) years.· Fifty (50) hours of cumulative continued medical education [CME].
Current Registration from country of origin and Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS) is required.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria