Roles & Responsibilities
What would you do? The Specifics
As the face of our stores, Receptionists are responsible for greeting and welcoming customers in a friendly manner as soon as they arrive at the store. They keep organized patient records and help patient schedules flow smoothly. They re the glue to our operations, helping everyone to stay on track. The role provides prompt, courteous service to customers either on the phone or in person.
• Ensures high quality customer service while following all safety protocols.
• Ensures a smooth flow of customers through the store.
• Answers, screens, and forwards incoming phone calls in accordance with National Vision protocol.
• Processes and understands managed care plans while obtaining document information from the insurance company as needed.
• Provides customers basic and accurate information.
• Schedules and confirms appointments, follow-up visits and classes.
• Files all patient records daily and pulls patient files for the next day’s appointments.
• Checks order status and notifies customers when orders are in or of any delays.
• Keeps reception area tidy and presentable with all necessary materials.
• Receives, sorts, distributes daily mail/deliveries and maintains inventory of office supplies.
• Participates in regularly scheduled mandatory communication meetings.