Responsible for delivering end-to-end IT support in accordance with business needs and agreed IT service levels, working closely with end-users, the IT team and technology suppliers to ensure all incidents are analysed, prioritized and resolved in a timely and efficient manner. Supports the proactive evaluation, implementation, development and maintenance of technology platforms and systems required to provide business IT services.
IT Support & ServiceDesk Operations
- Provides technical support and advice to IT end-users to prevent, troubleshoot and resolve IT issues. Analyses issues to identify root cause and suggest ways to avoid reoccurrence.
- Manages the configuration and installation of desktop IT software on computers and other devices.
- Resolves all IT support incidents and requests in accordance with the associated service level agreements (SLA).
- Manages and maintains all user support information in the IT Service Desk system, including ticket classification, prioritising, escalation and actions.
- Documents solutions and procedures to share across IT group and business users.
IT Asset Management
- Manages assignment, configuration, support and repairs of user computing devices and accessories, including laptops and smart phones.
- Ensures all company IT assets (hardware and software) are accurately managed for inventory, licensing and budget purposes, including maintaining IT assets databases and documentation.
- Works with IT suppliers and internal Procurement teams to acquire IT assets in compliance with company commercial policies, including ensuring IT technical specifications and competitive bidding requirements are met.
Business Relationship Management
- Obtains feedback from IT system end-users on the impact of incidents and the quality of services provided, including improvement suggestions.
- Provides IT system training to company staff, including user onboarding and IT Security awareness policies and guidance.
- Demonstrates IT as a proactive business support partner.
Information Security & IT Assurance
- Supports the technical implementation and ongoing maintenance of Information Security solutions in response to the changing cyber-security threat landscape.
- Follows all IT Change Management processes and best practice to minimise the risk of business system outages by properly planning, testing and documenting system changes.
IT Operations and Infrastructure Administration
- Performs administration of on-premise and cloud software and systems as needed.
- Ensures general business resources including printers, meeting room equipment and access control systems are working effectively.
- Coordinates with HR, Facilities and suppliers for any office moves or new staff arrivals involving IT equipment provisioning, cabling etc.
- Supports evaluation of new technology solutions and equipment to help identify cost-effective ways of delivering required functionality, including participating in new IT system testing.
General working practices
- Customer service orientation, including professionalism and managing user expectations.
- Communicates effectively when supporting end users, either in-person, via phone, email, messaging or using IT ServiceDesk application.
- Promotes IT as a proactive business partner and advisor, instead of a reactive ‘order taker’.
- Challenges status-quo and current IT practices/solutions to continually search for and suggest more efficient or cost-effective ways of working.
- Understands the 24/7 nature of Gulf Cryo business and is able to respond to urgent IT support needs and/or scheduling of activities outside of normal business hours to minimize impact.
- Follows all company policies, including strict adherence to HSE standards to always work safely to avoid risk of harm to self, others or the environment.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Application/Engineering, or equivalent
Minimum 2 years IT support and/or operations working experience, with additional preferred.
Certification in Microsoft and/or Cisco technologies, with basic technical knowledge of a broad variety of IT systems.
Knowledge of handheld scanners, and IT Helpdesk applications an advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
- Teamworking skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Able to take the initiative and be proactive.
- Customer service orientation
Excellent level of English proficiency. Arabic is a plus