Thank you for your interest in Dukhan English School. You have been directed to TIC Recruitment; we provide a personalised, reliable and responsive recruitment service tailored specifically to international schools, teachers and leaders worldwide.
𝗔𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹
Dukhan English School (DES) is one of the oldest international schools in Qatar. It also benefits from being the only international school serving Dukhan. Its students are accommodated across a soon to be completed, state of the art campus, the families of whom are all Qatar Petroleum (QP) employees. As such, the Head of Secondary plays a prominent part in the town as a whole; the sense of community is a key factor in the success of the school.
DES was established in the early 1950s by British Petroleum, the operators of the Dukhan Field at the time. As oil operations have grown, the school has expanded and Dukhan is now a multi-national town with residents of almost 50 different nationalities. This is an exciting time for DES: a new, purpose-built primary school opened in October 2018 for pupils aged 3-11 and a new secondary school will open in October 2020.
Our school is in an incredibly exciting place with the second phase of our campus redevelopment due for completion early in 2020. This follows from our Primary redevelopment in 2019 and completes our vision of an integrated through school sitting at the heart of the Dukhan township serving more than 40 nationalities. Our purpose-built campus will span 27 acres (110,000 sq m) with state of the art learning environments including a 800 seat auditorium, assembly hall for 1500, 3 sports halls, 2 large green fields, swimming pools and an all-weather pitch. Our town facilities sit alongside us with the badminton and squash facility, cricket ground, outdoor basketball and tennis courts.
Head of Secondary
The Head of Secondary of DES will have a unique opportunity to play a crucial role in shaping the next phase of its development.
• The core purpose of the Head of Secondary is to be an inspirational leader with drive and vision in leading Dukhan English School on its journey to academic excellence.
• The Head of Secondary will be responsible for ensuring that the core values of QP, integrity, safety, excellence, collaboration, responsibility and respect are embedded within the culture of the school and support the delivery of outstanding provision for the students
• The Head of Secondary will be committed to supporting collaborative working practises across the QP schools
If you are interested in applying for the Head of School (Secondary) position at DES, please click on the vacancy and complete the online application form before uploading your CV and letter of application/ supporting statement.
The application form can be completed in sections and will automatically save each time. Please note, you do not have to complete the section on employment and professional development if this information is included in your CV.
All references will be requested at the time of application, unless otherwise specified. If you do not want us to contact your references in the early stage of your application please ensure that you specify this on the application form. We regret we are unable to accept applications via email at this time.
Please ensure you download the relevant information booklet in the ‘related downloads’ section.
Closing date for applications: 6th January 2021 (early applications encouraged)
Interviews: From mid-late January 2021
If you have any questions regarding the post or the process please contact Gemma McSweeney, Associate Director, who is handling the vacancy on behalf of DES: [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application, thank you.
• Qualified Teacher Status
• At least three years’ experience as an outstanding school leader, preferably in a high performing UK or international school
• Deep understanding of the learning needs of students with EAL
• Successful leadership track-record, preferably in a whole school context
• Continuing professional development in preparation for senior management
• Strong analytical abilities and a track record of innovation
• Excellent interpersonal skills, especially in team-building, coaching and mentoring
Our recruitment is handled by TIC Recruitment
Ask us about a Service Contract package for year round recruitment support at highly discounted prices and include this state of the art recruitment tool we call TIC Talent Manager.
Are you a teacher needing help with your profile / application? Visit our support pages to get in touch.
© 2020 Teachers International Consultancy. We are a Private Limited Company registered in England and Wales No. 5705243. VAT Reg. No. GB 939 5797 50
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria