Welcome to the Crowne Plaza Muscat, a mix of business and leisure on the rocks. Located on a unique clifftop overlooking the Gulf of Oman with a private beach, the hotel is a short distance away from the central business district, the culturally rich Muttrah Souq and the Royal Opera House.
The hotel offers 200 well equipped rooms and suites with contemporary furnishings which, combined with the stunning views of the Gulf of Oman or the City, create a truly relaxing atmosphere.
Crowne Plaza Club guests gain exclusive entry to our Qurum Club Lounge where they can network over complimentary breakfast or canapés and snacks in the evening.
Also, on hand, is a state-of-the-art boardroom available for complimentary use up to 1 hour for all our Club room guests.
Our Cliff Club provides excellent fitness and relaxation packages, designed to keep you refreshed and energized so that you will always get the most out of your stay.
Unwind in one of our six award winning restaurants and bars: choose between Shiraz Persian cuisine or Duke’s Bar traditional English-style pub, The Restaurant for truly International all-day dining, Come Prima for an Italian experience, The Edge cliff top dining venue and the Pool Bar, a lively pool side venue offering snacks.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Review and correct daily revenue journal
* Controls all balance sheet accounts by preparation of monthly account reconciliations and actions accordingly
* Specifically reviews the accounts payable balance to ensure accuracy and proposes action and follow up to be taken to ensure a clear balance with limited over 90/120 day amounts
* Monitor house banks and investments
* Investigate and input bank statement data
* Prepare bank reconciliations such as agency imp rest and replacement reserve
* Review monthly inventory reconciliations
* Review accounts payable purchase journal
* Review accounts payable/ inventory interface
* Prepare payroll
* Prepares monthly invoices for other IHG hotels, General Manager, Store and Shop rentals
* Prepares all journal vouchers for month-end closing
* Prepares monthly Financial Statements for distribution to Department Heads and Executives, as directed by Finance Manager
* Assists Manager of Finance and Assistant in budget preparation and input, forecast reports and monthly reporting to corporate finance
* Supervises Accounts department in the absence of the Assistant Finance & Business Support Manager
* Reports directly to and communicates with the Assistant Finance & Business Support Manager on all matters pertaining to accounting and financial controls
* Cooperates, coordinates and communicates with other departments in matters concerning accounting related matters and internal control
* Interacts, as required, with individuals outside the hotel including hotel’s bank, tax auditors and other hotels and IHG corporate offices
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Accounting or Finance and three years in hotel accounting or internal audit with one year in a supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria