SNC Lavalin are looking to hire several Engineering Assessors to an ongoing Commissioning project with PDO. The sites we are conducting the work, are based all over the country and these positions are on a rotational basis. For Expats, the rotation is 28/28 and for Omani Nationals it will be 15/13. Though our first preference for any vacancy in Oman is to hire an Omani National, we are also open to qualified Expats to join the team too.
To be considered for the role, you must meet the required skills and experience outlined below and be able to coordinate and conduct the onsite assessment and testing of the Omani national trainees that are on the SNC Lavalin training program.
* A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Commissioning of industrial Equipment in one of our disciplines; Mechanical, Electrical, Process or Instrumentation & Controls
* MUST HAVE an internationally accredited Assessor Accreditation from one of these bodies – IADC, OPITO, SQA, NVQ or City & Guilds
* Experience in the Development of schedules etc. for training and the marking of assessment papers against answer sheets (CBTA and Interviews)
* Formal Train the Trainer qualifications or equivalent desirable.
* Internal Verification qualifications or equivalent desirable
* Possess the ability to act as mentor, Instructor and competency assessor to a national workforce
* Ability to interpret engineering drawings and manuals e.g. P & IDs, PFDs, Isometrics,
* Ability to Lead / supervise a multinational team, undertaking commissioning activities in small to large size projects.
* Proficient user of Microsoft and other related software and applications more so on database software development packages
* Good command of English language both written and verbal
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria