Job Title: Construction Engineer – Electrical
Reports To: Manger Construction
This position will be responsible to:
Erection, installing , testing and commissioning of Electrical systems for a complex Oil & gas processing treatment plant and shall lead complete testing and commissioning of Electrical systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Review of Technical MTO & with respect to approved system drawings.
* Review of SLDs, Client Specifications, standards & Contract Documents.
* Preparation / Review of Construction Method statements for Electrical systems installation.
* Review of Vendor erection procedures and shall ensure the full compliance of OEM recommendations.
* Review of SLD’s, Cable Tray Routing Layouts etc
* Preparation of Material Requests in SAP & ACCPAC.
* Review of Vendor offers, catalogues, Wiring Diagrams, Schematic Diagrams, inter-connection Diagrams, Data sheets, Cross Section Drawings, GA Drawings & Performance Curves.
* Co-ordination activities with other departments like Civil / Structural, Mechanical.
* Shall estimate the required recourses and shall plan the construction works.
* Preparation of Electrical construction sequences based on the work front available.
* Electrical Power system Study and shall lead the testing and Pre-com works
* Co-ordination with engineering team for site installation activities.
* Input to Engineering team for preparation of As-Built Documents as per the Red mark-up documents from site.
Internal Cross Working Relations (Departmental)
* Internal Disciplinary checking of various documents with Process, Civil / Structural, Rotary and static Departments.
External Working Relations (External to Exterran)
* Communication with Exterran Vendors for their Technical queries.
* Communication with Client consultants for their Technical Queries.
Preferred Education and Relevant Experience/Training:
* Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering.
* A minimum of 10+ years’ experience in Oil & Gas industry
Technical Knowledge and Skills
* Construction experience in installation of LV and HV switch gear equipments and panels
* Construction experience of installation of Motors and Transformers.
* Shall have experience in installation of cable and cable trays.
* Shall have experience in executing all construction works related to Electrical with respect to Approved Engg drawings and documents.
* Testing of electrical systems.
* Preparation of Electrical Cable schedule, Load List, Design Calculations
* Review of Vendor Documents like Single Line Diagrams, Schematic Diagrams, Wiring Diagrams, GA Drawings & performance curves.
* Basic knowledge in E-TAP
* Review of 3D Modeling works for Cable Tray Layout & Lighting Layout.
Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Proficiency in English is a must.
Working Conditions and Physical Strain
* Able to work in Desert environment
* Shall flexible for travel.
. 12 hours a day, 7 days a week
* With rotation 6 M and 30 days off.
EXTERRAN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Exterran is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the HRD at
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria