About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts:
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
Four Seasons Hotel Riyadh at Kingdom Center is looking for individuals, for the Director of Housekeeping position.
The Director of Housekeeping ensures that our guest accommodation and all areas front and back of house are maintained in a spotless condition at all times. Manages the staff and controls the activities of the Housekeeping Department assuring that our Guest Rooms, Public Areas and Employee Areas meet the highest standards of cleanliness. Direct the efforts of the Laundry/Valet Department.
* Manages the staff of the Housekeeping Department. Interviews, trains and schedules the staff.
* Conducts Performance Evaluations and disciplines staff when needed.
* Ensures communications and follow-up on any problems, guest requests or special requirements.
* Establishes detailed cleaning and preventive maintenance programs to ensure appearance and life of all furniture, fixtures and equipment.
* Sets and maintains high standards of cleanliness.
* Assigns staff to complete the needed activities for the day.
* Monitors staff’s activities to assure that standards are being met, staff is being supported and guest needs are being met.
* Inspects all areas of responsibility daily.
* Works directly with outside contracted companies to assure quality and timeliness of work.
* Resolves customer complaints, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
* Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner.
* Coordinates the housekeeping needs of any Condominium or Co-op owners.
* Interaction with guest will be in person and by phone.
* Assures the financial goals of the department are being met.
* Monitors and controls labor expense and other divisional expenses such as Uniforms, Linen, Guest Supplies, Cleaning Supplies and Contract Services.
* Establishes and maintains accurate inventory records.
* Participates in periodic Linen, Uniform and Supplies Inventories.
* Recommends appropriate actions passed on results of inventory.
* Assures that equipment is properly maintained. Prepares annual budget for labor and operating expense.
* Proposes items to be included in annual Capital Plan.
* Assures effective operation of the Laundry/Valet Department.
* Assists the department when needed.
* Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well being of hotel guests and employees.
* Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: High School education or equivalent experience. College degree preferred.
Experience: Two years employment in a related position with Four Seasons or another organization. Proven leadership and supervisory experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Requires working knowledge of the Housekeeping aspect of Four Seasons services, policies or operations and generally learn on-the-job.
Requires knowledge of the ability to operate computer equipment.
Ability to read and speak English in a clear manner.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria