The Director Global Commercial Forecasting leads headquarters and US driven efforts to develop key forecast assumptions related to oncology assets in the pre and post launch periods, guides forecast methodology to adapt to emerging treatment patterns, and leads efforts to anticipate and plan for multiple potential future marketing landscapes.
* Synthesizes complex information (including results from advanced analytics) to drive fact-based recommendations, develops a compelling rationale, and aligns senior leaders on the valuation of oncology assets, business risks, opportunities and trade-offs
* Partners with global / US marketing leaders, finance, Center for Observational and Real-World Evidence (CORE), and market research to ensure robust methodologies and local adoption
* Ensures forecast capabilities support Sales & Operations Planning, pricing, and performance metric reporting needs
* Guides the technical development of forecast models, analytical tools, and data sources
* Leads allocated personnel in India-based Center of Excellence (COE).
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
* Ensures global forecast platform balances rigor and simplicity, is scalable in terms of breadth of tumors and geographies, and is user friendly – delivering an efficient and effective forecast process
* Champions the use of analytical insights, drives scenario planning, highlights risks and opportunities, and links forecasts with resources to meet leadership needs.
* Advocates for data-driven decision making to influence global and US oncology leadership teams
* Prioritizes and manages complex forecasting projects with little / no guidance in an evolving, fast-paced, and increasingly complex oncology market environment
* Achieves critical business results while maintaining maintaining our company’s Leadership Standards
* Partners and collaborates with Marketing, Market Research, Finance, Region, and Country personnel
* Oversees forecasting personnel in India-based Center of Excellence (COE)
* Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions within complex organizations and markets by leading teams in support of agreed upon goals
* Strong knowledge of forecasting techniques / software and quantitative problem solving
* Strong analytical skills; an aptitude for strategic thinking
* Proven ability to work collaboratively in large cross functional teams, make compelling calls to action and gain broad organizational support for new ideas
* Strong project management skills
* Ability to synthesize complex information into clear and actionable recommendations
* Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and forecasting tools/techniques
Required Education and Experience:
* Education: Bachelors degree required; Master’s degree, MS/MA/MBA, preferred in marketing or analytic field (e.g., Statistics, OR, Finance, etc)
* Minimum of 8 years Pharmaceutical Industry experience
* Minimum of 5 years Pharmaceutical Forecasting experience
* Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
* Proven ability to communicate effectively with upper and lower levels of management
* Proven ability to manage ambiguity and to adapt to the changing needs of customers and the business
* Demonstrated proven leadership experience in delivering complex forecast solutions
* Ability to drive decision making and results
* Cross-functional leadership: ability to work across divisions and functions to ensure that work progresses effectively and efficiently
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Market Research experience
* Oncology experience
* 10% Travel
Position location: Kenilworth, NJ or Virtual home office based.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role’s pay range.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at [email protected]
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Remote Work, Telecommuting
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria