About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have the ability to priorities and organize work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available. You have the commercial and visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
* Live and share the IKEA values every day
* University Graduate in relevant field
* 5 years Interior Design/Visual Merchandising experience, IKEA is preferred
* Held a previous management role which included leading a creative team
* Ability to quickly develop knowledge of the local market and business conditions
* Good analytical and numerical skills
* Project management experience
* Store layout planning experience
* Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills, Effective Communication, Excel competence.
About the Role
You are primarily responsible for leading the Communication & Interior Design department in securing the overall visual and inspirational level inside of the IKEA store. The IKEA store should by visitors be perceived as being a source of inspiration, tips and ideas as well as a qualified home furnishing specialist providing home furnishing solutions in order to help maximize sales.
Key Specific Accountabilities
* To support the store with expertise to secure that the commercial level regarding range presentation and visual merchandising is optimised and that there is a common thread throughout the store
* Com & In Manager is responsible to secure that time plans and budgets set by the Store Manager are followed for all work related to changing and updating all areas of the IKEA store in sync with the Commercial Calendar
* Developing and implementing the annual business plan with the store management team in regards to your own department and areas of responsibility
* You and your department are also responsible for the planning, execution and follow-up of the stores’ commercial calendars
* You work with the Country Comm. In Manager to plan and organise marketing activities related to the commercial calendar.
* To work as a team with the rest of the Commercial team (ISL and Sales) in order to achieve the store sales target and the level of inspirations agreed with the Store management.
* Contribute with your expertise to achieve the store sales target
* Accountable for maintaining the store budget for the Com & In department
* The IKEA store should provide a vibrant and exciting atmosphere that convince the visitors to come back for more repeat visits
* You ensure that systems and methods stated in IKEA Concept Documentation are implemented throughout the whole store
* You plan and lead major changes in the store including building up new room sets, new homes, new departments
* To provide Comm & In support to the Expansion team
* To provide a vibrant and enthralling environment to the Staff and Back Office areas.
* Trinity working with Sales and ISL
People Management and Development
* Ensure that all Com & In co -workers have receive the necessary training in safety and security aspects related to the use of this equipment so they are able to follow the rules and regulations and prevent accidents
* Make sure all co-workers having properly trained including development programs to secure the store performance and succession needs
* Manage the recruitment of the Comm & In department. Ensure the vacancies are filled as soon as they arise and the right candidates are hired in the vacant positions
* Ensure positive results in the employee survey and taking action in the areas where the satisfaction is low
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria