The Biomedical Equipment Technician provides maintenance services on all medical equipment to include receipt, preventive maintenance, repair, calibration, inventory control, and approved modification. Responsible for quality assurance as part of ISO 9001 program.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
* Receives medical equipment. Inspects and documents equipment identification data for Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS) entry.
* Utilizes specific testing equipment to ensure proper operational characteristics are maintained.
* Labels equipment with appropriate numerical tags.
* Enters all pertinent documentation information into the DMLSS system.
* Performs preventive maintenance on medical equipment. Adheres to specific manufacturer guidelines for testing when applicable.
* Utilizes various pieces of diagnostic test equipment to ensure proper operational and safety requirements are maintained.
* Documents testing procedure results on Work Order.
* Calibrates medical equipment. Follows manufacturer calibration procedures. Employs required test and measurement equipment to ensure equipment is functioning within required parameters. Records test results on Work Order.
* Repairs medical equipment.
* Analyzes and troubleshoots equipment malfunctions utilizing electronic schematics, diagnostic testing equipment, and manufacturer’s technical literature. Identifies faulty circuits, systems, and parts.
* Orders, receives, and replaces faulty components in order to return medical equipment to full operating potential.
* Prepares and completes all required documentation including Work Orders, historic documentation, and required correspondence.
* Enters required informational data into the DMLSS system and files corresponding documentation in historical folder.
* Operates and updates Medical Equipment Maintenance Technical Library. Ensures that a copy of technical literature is included in the library for all equipment on which maintenance is performed.
* Inspects all maintenance actions, to include repairs, preventive maintenance, calibrations, and modifications for completeness as part of ISO 9001 quality control program.
* Perform other qualified duties as assigned by the Superintendent/Manager.
Knowledge & Skills
* Knowledge of physiology, electronics, mechanical systems, optics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and radiation principles as applicable to biomedical equipment support systems
* Ability to use and interpretation of national safety and accreditation standards, schematics, wiring diagrams, and customer publications regarding medical equipment; equipment systems application in medicine and medical safety practices.
Experience & Education
* Six (6) years experience as a biomedical technician.
* Graduate of Army/USAF/Navy biomedical equipment maintenance course or possession of certification by accredited biomedical agency.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
* May work in a warehouse/maintenance environment.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria