Roles & Responsibilities
• Supervise the maintenance of protection equipment of an electric power distribution system to reduce interruption to service.
• Coordinate the repair, tests, and installation of equipment.
• Study new development to determine the suitable application to the protection system.
• Provide conceptual and preliminary design, option analysis, scope and specification of substation automation and control systems
• Protection system design development, device evaluation and application
• Development and maintenance of secondary system design standards
• Specific protection system coordination and functions for HV transmission network installations
• Standard and non-standard protection system design and construct application and solutions for all HV power system network assets.
• Assist in coordinating work programs for delivery of non-standard solutions
• Protection equipment specification and operation instruction to design and construction, operations, and maintenance
• Calculate and review specific protection and control settings, configurations, testing and commissioning procedures across all protection types
• Perform engineering design review and validation
• Compliance of new and existing protection system design and testing and recommend changes
• Contribute to the development of other engineers
• Apply guidelines, processes and systems to lead the way of best practice
• Contribute to network security obligations related to compliance with legislative requirements and regulations
• Knowledge of Power Systems Engineering within a substation environment and understanding of secondary system design / commissioning
• Developed protection systems for HV or MV applications and knowledge of relevant communication protocols (i.e. IEC61850, UCA2.0, DNP3.0, Courier, etc)