Roles & Responsibilities
1. Document Controller duties and responsibilities in a construction company
2. He/she should have a basic understanding of construction projects and documentation system
3. Establishing a uniform document/drawing numbering system while adhering to company norms and requirements
4. Some companies have their templates. He should understand and follow those specific Document Templates Systems.
5. In charge of project folder setup, folder management, formulating registries, and document and drawing number allocation.
6. Liaising with and distributing project-related information with the project team and potentially external parties.
7. Assist the Project Manager during the audit and as needed.
8. Prepare ad-hoc templates reports on projects as required.
9. Process and control all project document types on a day-to-day basis in an accurate and timely manner.
10. Ensure that quality documentation, such as documents, drawings, RFIs, and incoming and outgoing registers, is maintained.
11. File documents in physical and digital records and ensure appropriate storage.
12. Adhere to the company’s document lifecycle procedures, processes and as required by the Project Manager.
13. Communicates changes to document control procedures or other relevant information to the project team in consultation with the Project Manager / Design Manager.
14. Assists in implementing new and improving Document Management systems and document management processes.
15. Train employees about the project documentation system on how to use and access the documents
16. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive documentation. Communicate through presentations to diverse groups of decision makers