Roles & Responsibilities
Do you have an appetite for career progression and ready to take your culinary skills to a world-class platform? Take your career to a whole new level with us and join our Pastry team.
What is in it for you:
• Zallaq House Accommodation located
• Competitive extended benefits package including medical,
• Employee Travel Ticket to origin country.
• Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
• Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
• Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
• Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities.
What you will be doing:
• Maintains and cleans all work areas, kitchen equipment and utensils to the high standards of cleanliness and hygiene required by the hotel.
• Co-ordinates with colleagues whenever necessary regarding operational problems.
• Knows to make different types of bread and pastry items
• Is familiar with the operational procedures of all equipment in the kitchen and operates them in the correct manner to ensure the maximum efficiency and personal safety.
• To assist in the implementation of the various food safety and hygiene standards including HACCP and other Municipality regulations.
• Participates in regular meetings and briefings as may be scheduled.
• Participates in any scheduled training and development program that may improve personal or departmental standards.
• Responds to any changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
• Is aware of the method of preparation and the standard recipe for every menu items in his particular kitchen and follows the procedures at all times.
• Food preparation and cooking, plating, presentation
• Kitchen maintenance and cleaning, following food safety requirements
• Maintaining and ordering stocks and supplies