- Provide specialist financial advice and support to a portfolio of clients to ensure that their individual needs are fulfilled and contribute to the achievement of the business targets assigned for the team.
Key Result Areas
- Profile existing corporate clients in order to identify investment preferences and thus introduce clients to appropriate new products and services.
- Identify and establish new relationships for relatively small accounts as assigned by the team leader, consistent with the Bank’s commercial objectives, so that Mashreq market share is maximized.
- Hold meetings with portfolio clients at their premises on a regular basis to ensure that they are introduced to a wide variety of Mashreq products and services in order to maximize portfolio revenues and ensure that customers are satisfied with the service that they receive.
- Liaise with product specialists from the relevant Mashreq teams where appropriate to leverage business development with the client.
- Negotiate with customers to deliver the most favorable financial terms possible for the Bank but also maintain competitiveness within the market.
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with customers to ensure that they are aware of all Mashreq products/services relevant to their situation and credit analysis.
- Benchmark Mashreq product/service features and performance against those of local competitors so that Mashreq product/service development is aware of market trends and can design products/services that are competitive in the market.
- Refer any situation where the Bank’s assets are at risk for appropriate remedial action so that the Bank is safeguarded against financial loss.
- Ensure the validity and legality of all transaction and account documentation to secure and protect the Bank’s position against unacceptable levels of risk.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Well-developed credit/financial/market analysis skills.
- Good understanding of economic conditions within UAE and globally.
- Detailed knowledge of credit proposal processes and procedures.
- Sound understanding of all relevant Central Bank of UAE/Gulf regulations.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant Mashreq products/services.
- Sound knowledge of relevant Mashreq procedures and policy.
- In-depth awareness of competitor products/services.
- Sound knowledge of investor risk theory so that appropriate new product/service recommendations are made to clients.
- Effective report-writing skills.
- Written and spoken fluency in Arabic and English languages.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or commercially related discipline
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a banking environment.
- Professional banking programmes covering cash flow analysis and advance credit.